Blues Junior FSR in Black Paisley - What's it worth?

What's Hot
Lez325Lez325 Frets: 82
edited October 2018 in Amps
I have this amp I'm considering putting up for sale on here:  Fender Blues Junior( Fender special run) in Paisley Black...

- same spec as an everyday Blues Junior but finished in a Shiny, shiny gloss finish with a Paisley design - Its MINT condition and around 4 months old -  bought this amp NEW.

I cannot find another at the major dealers ( seem to be a little scarce) - so looking for guidance on prices please?

Telecaster not included 

https://i.imgur.com/jixI7yW.jpg     https://i.imgur.com/8jfte77.jpg  https://i.imgur.com/ai5KsA2.jpg  https://i.imgur.com/gG0XC40.jpg

Les
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12255
    I would guess £350 ish but somebody may come along to put me straight.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 610

I love the black, and the pink, paisley finishes. Best one I've seen on one of these is actually called tequila sunrise. Shame Fender don't do more artistic creations. Great sounding amps can look good too.

I watched one of these on  gumtree up in Suffolk about 6 months back that was £450 and hung around for ages and the guy started dropping the price but must have sold but I don't know for what. I'd agree with @jonnyburgo £350 should move it whereas if you wanted nearer the £450 you'd have to wait perhaps a fair while until someone came along that has been looking for one. Plenty of normal spec BJs about

• No idea about the value but I've played through this - it's the fattest sounding blues Jr I've ever played through and I'm guessing that's down to the Paisley finish :-) (which is lovely btw)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lez325Lez325 Frets: 82
    Thank guy's- I'll not be selling at £350- this thing is rare so I'll probably just keep it :) 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lez325Lez325 Frets: 82
    No idea about the value but I've played through this - it's the fattest sounding blues Jr I've ever played through and I'm guessing that's down to the Paisley finish :-) (which is lovely btw)

It's does have a certain fatness to it- I've decide to keep it :) 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    Just the fact that it's a Blues Junior which sounds *good* is reason enough to keep it :).

;)

And yes, it really is true that the cabinet finish can change the sound of an amp - in a guitar amp the cabinet resonates and contributes a fair amount to the tone, unlike in a hi-fi or PA cab.

To be fair, I've noticed that the MkIII does sound better than the previous versions anyway - which oddly is the opposite with the Hotrods. The black control panel actually suits this finish too, whereas for some reason it looks cheap on the normal tolex version.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    ICBM said:
    Just the fact that it's a Blues Junior which sounds *good* is reason enough to keep it. ;)

And yes, it really is true that the cabinet finish can change the sound of an amp - in a guitar amp the cabinet resonates and contributes a fair amount to the tone, unlike in a hi-fi or PA cab.
    My nearest Fender dealership had one of the FSR pine "Woody" Blues Junior amps. Definitely sounded better than the regular black Tolex examples. I still didn't like it enough to buy it though.
    Be seeing you.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    I tried an FSR BJ3 in A Strings a year or two ago and it sounded excellent with a Les Paul Jr. 
    I'm well known for hating the Blues Jr but this sounded fine. There were no circuit differences, just a speaker change apparently - I wish I'd glanced round the back to see what it was. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    It's a supply and demand thing. It's a bit Marmite but it's the sort of amp that if someone wants one and they see it, you'll get a decent price on - couldn't personally see it fetching more than £400 though, to be honest.
    Think the consensus is, if it's a good one, keep it.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • I sold a FSR last year for £430 I think. Was wine red with a cannabis Rex speaker. Sounded a lot better than the standard eminence speaker, but I don’t miss it one bit. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    Interesting to hear about the difference in tone with Blues Juniors - I tried one out in a shop about 4 years ago - was not impressed and bought the Blues Delux instead, but my son bought a Blues Junior recently (a Mk III) and it sounds great so they must have upgraded something!
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    edited October 2018
    I had one and I loved it. Great little thing. 

Things were simpler then.