What's Hot
2»

Comments

• johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    thegummy said:
    DrBob said:
    carlos said:
    Almost...needs 22 frets!!

(well, it already has 22 frets, but it needs to not have the other two)
    Superstrat = bridge humbucker, 24 frets, floyd. This guitar gets 2/3.
    That’s exactly the point for me, the reason I sold on an otherwise brilliant Charvel So Cal was the Floyd so this is great 
    Can I ask what you disliked about the Floyd?

I've never used one but the idea of it not going out of tune obviously is appealing but the fact a lot of people dislike them must mean there's downsides?
    String changes and tuning changes are much slower and more painful with a Floyd - that's generally what's kept me away from them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I love Charvel.. not keen on this..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2321
    I actually love those colours....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ita s real marmite job but if its anything like the Gretch Tioma Armstrong "Man Salmon" im sold!

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    I tend to dislike any attempt to make a superstrat appear tasteful.

They need "Stabilo Boss" Fluorescent green, yellow, pink etc...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyP said:
    I tend to dislike any attempt to make a superstrat appear tasteful.

They need "Stabilo Boss" Fluorescent green, yellow, pink etc...
    +10000

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    Yes!
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3377
    dindude said:
    Charvel have always been much closer to streamline modded Strat territory than the angular re-draw of say an Ibanez RG
    Not always...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonP said:
    dindude said:
    Charvel have always been much closer to streamline modded Strat territory than the angular re-draw of say an Ibanez RG
    Not always...

My trading feedback

• GizmoGizmo Frets: 1075
    Looks like they let a vintage guy and an 80's shredder take it in turns picking parts on a virtual guitar builder 

Now make it neon pink put a floyd on it an swap out the SC's for just a SC sized Neck HB and id buy that yesterday ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    johnl said:
    thegummy said:
    DrBob said:
    carlos said:

That’s exactly the point for me, the reason I sold on an otherwise brilliant Charvel So Cal was the Floyd so this is great 

I've never used one but the idea of it not going out of tune obviously is appealing but the fact a lot of people dislike them must mean there's downsides?
    String changes and tuning changes are much slower and more painful with a Floyd - that's generally what's kept me away from them.
    I see. So it's a pain getting it stringed and in tune but once it's done it stays in tune?

Sounds like a no brainer for big star players with techs!
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2891
    edited October 2018
    That's hideous! The colours are rank as is the neck colour. Give me a hardtail RG or Dinky over that any day of the week. Or even an old Model 1.

Re the Floyd Rose, I've never liked them. PITA to set up and I'm heavy handed so whenever I pick it seems to either pull things out of tune or make weird chirpy warbly noises. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    I would rather have a Jackson Dinky. The neck makes the player look like they have significant hygiene issues.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    thegummy said:
    DrBob said:
    carlos said:

Even though I’m not “that” type of guitarist I did have a long run where all my guitars had Floyds Ibanez 540 Saber, Yamaha Blues Saraceno Sig, EBMM Axis. But once you get over the “making your guitar sound like a braying donkey” gag they are a bit of a faff and they feel a bit weird under the picking hand.

Other than the Wudtone Holy Grail on my number 1 Strat my favourite ever trem is the Steinberger R trem. Although the new Wilkinson prototype on Pete Thorns Suhr is a contender
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I would agree re Pete Thorn's prototype. Best of all worlds, although I love both the 510 and a Floyd Rose