R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    I suspect terada is returning one of his...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 300
    Twinfan said:
    Keeping true to his nickname, otherwise he should have changed it to memphis.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Everytime I begin to flirt with other guitars, my R8 gives me a stinking look and reminds me I'm lucky to have her!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited October 2018
    Twinfan said:
    Nearly! It is one I've had a deposit on so it never actually made it into my possession!

Nice guitar, has a bizarre flame knot on the top which I thought was cool looking. But the R9 has finished me off. 

I only know of one other and that is already spoken for I'm afraid. This may very well be the last of the teas! I'll see if I can dig out some pics
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    Guitarguitar Epsom have just had a 58 in cherry returned. Lovely grain in the plaintop. 
    Give Epsom a shout if you’re still in the marke
    edited October 2018
    The one that'll be available next week, as above, is about 8.5lbs and definitely among the better ones I've played tonally:

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    Coda just took in a used R8 from 2014 and it’s a snip at £2k. Very nice example from what you can see so far!

https://www.coda-music.com/gibson-custom-les-paul-1958-standard-vos-2014-secondhand.html
  • Whitecat said:
    Coda just took in a used R8 from 2014 and it’s a snip at £2k. Very nice example from what you can see so far!

https://www.coda-music.com/gibson-custom-les-paul-1958-standard-vos-2014-secondhand.html
    Interesting that dealers seem to be pricing second hand ones in light of the recent deals whereas private sellers aren’t.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1410
    It does say it has a few marks. Even so very keenly priced. 
    Whitecat said:

Interesting that dealers seem to be pricing second hand ones in light of the recent deals whereas private sellers aren’t.

Yup! Which ones are going to go first?

I got laughed at for saying the second-hand market value was going to fall.... and yet here we are...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Whitecat said:
    Whitecat said:

I got laughed at for saying the second-hand market value was going to fall.... and yet here we are...
    Anyone selling one is going to laugh at you for saying that at the moment. They’ll think you’re trying it on. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What’s the neck profile like on say 2011, 2012,13,14 models. Is it the same at 2017?

Im seeing lots of ice tea and cherry coming up but I’m after a DL
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3964
    Whitecat said:

That would have been the magic price point for me, but I've just spent all my gear money on something silly.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It’s varies from guitar to guitar but it’s not marketed as a 59 profile like the 2017s were. Generally more shoulder and a bit more variance from guitar to guitar. The 2017s are more consistently like a 59
    What’s the neck profile like on say 2011, 2012,13,14 models. Is it the same at 2017?

Im seeing lots of ice tea and cherry coming up but I’m after a DL
    2017 was somewhat unique in that R8s all had an R9 carve. 

Older ones are more likely to be a bit fatter - but with R*s the carve varies from example to example due to the handiwork involved... so it’s worth checking out. 
    hyperben said:
    Whitecat said:
    Whitecat said:

Anyone selling one is going to laugh at you for saying that at the moment. They’ll think you’re trying it on. 
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Looks nice - if I hadn’t just been goldtop shopping I might have bought that one.    
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 491
    Yeah but it doesn’t have true historic tone-plastic tho does it. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    A 2014 R8 for £1999 is a steal though. Still has hot hide glue, custom buckers etc. I’d take that for the £500 saving over the 2017s. There’s a 2012 in the classifieds for £2500. This seems really expensive now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    So who bought it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom