Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

This gumtree seller.....

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
Has been peddling this amp for I guess 5+ years, I remember having communications with him regarding this very amp years ago, he got extremely shirty when pressed on the model and pulled the old "Ive been selling since you were in nappies, how dare you question my knowledge"

Apparently this Vox does Vox, Fender and Marshall all in one box without modelling! ooh fancy!

Anyways I might get in touch with him for chuckles, has 3 out of 4 bad ratings for rudeness and item not as described.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-guitar-accessories/vox-ac30-type-vintage-125-watt-valve-twin-combo-rare-collectable/1315162611

"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    I got as far as
    Has been peddling this amp for I guess 5+ years
    and guessed exactly what amp it was going to be!

:)

I see he’s still trying to misrepresent it as an AC30...

What’s ridiculous is that it’s actually in pretty nice condition and quite a rare model, and if he simply listed it with an honest description at half that price, someone might even pay that much for one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• BodBod Frets: 1286
    Ahh that guy.  What a nob.  It's good that Gumtree have implemented the ratings system now so he can be called out on his behaviour.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    Ok here we go.

ME - Hi, can you tell me the model of this amp please? 

Regards 

Jon

HIM - 
    Sorry, but that's for someone to come and try it, " before buying ". Not discussing models etc that VOX made. As you can see from the photos it's same size as an AC30  but not a regular AC30. This was of a limited run of export models destined for USA. That's is why it is unusual and very rare to find any in Europe let alone the UK. I call it my AC125 Twin and the Zking of AC30's. Have had it 15 - 20 years or more and was shocked to hear how loud or clear this amp is. It blows people away compared to normal common AC30's.

The point is I get too many lookers, and curiosity types and virtually all dreamers not prepared to spend that kind of money. As I said a shop in Holland is asking £4500 plus on theirs.

Leave it with you to do your research and then come and buy.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Red flags even for very casual Gumtree visitors like myself; 

1) 'No timewasters or know it alls'
    2) One single photograph which shows very little of what the amp actually is.  
    3) That price (haha)

Still, he's open to trades, even 'non music gear'.

Fascinating example for potential buyers of who and what to avoid on Gumtree.  Would warn my kids if they were only compelled to buy guitar gear the way I am. 

• ColsCols Frets: 6953
    He’s also got a Sound City Echomaster that he’s trying to pass off as a Binson Echorec for a frankly optimistic £1900.
  • steersteer Frets: 1160
    A single poor photo that shows a tiny slither of the top of the amp. Most people put more effort in when trying to sell something for a tenner. One could be forgiven for thinking that it's almost like he has something to hide
    edited October 2018
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/vintage-retro-bass-from-famous-jap-factory-very-rare-and-sought-after/1316998511?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/retro-60s-byrds-sound-via-this-xii-new-guitar-never-used-or-gigged/1316996787?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/vintage-guitar-and-collectable-for-its-jangly-sound/1316995887?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social
    This clown is all over gumtree with his crazy sales technique!

Go on, I dare you to ask for specific details, I got a right barrage of abuse from him and then a message pretending to be from gumtree in block capitals to say I’ve been blocked and that I will be investigated, the clown didn’t realise that in the heading it said “from Steve”

what a bellend, all I did was asked for details
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3359
    I remember this guy from ages ago, even if it were some weird rare model his attitude would prevent him from selling it anyway, it's like he knows its something but doesn't know what that something is.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1553
    Time to make an enquiry under the pretence of buying it for a Nigerian Prince cousin who is too ill to view it....
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    I can only assume the Vox flight case in Holland is made from gold leaf with embedded emeralds and feature Rubys.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That bass he is selling , he didn't take that photo, especially looking at his other photos.

It came from here.
    https://www.talkbass.com/threads/id-this-bad-a-ric-copy.618408/page-4

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/show-me-your-rickenbacker-4003s.278163/page-2

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    Well, how can anyone resist such temptation as this? I’ve asked if he has a 19 track for sale as I’ve never needed more than 20 and the rest are a waste,

https://www.gumtree.com/p/recorders/major-studio-gear-disposals-lots-of-items-analogue-and-digital/1314507843

All I can say is thank goodness for copy and paste, here is a little exchange from last week

Me - you still haven’t clarified what you are selling, I need to be sure that id I’m going to spend that much money that I know what I’m buying, to be honest I’ve just read your gumtree reviews 3 out of the 4 are bad, this puts me off a bit.

Him- I dont have any bad reviews, and have been on Gumtree for 9+ years.  I have had people trying to rip me off so am very much aware of the 90% low life of Gumtree users.

Am not peddling anything all these years, and you interpret what you want. I am a retired respectable music and video producer with tons of gearfrom my studios which started selling off bit by bit in last few years. Over 60 plus guitars, amps, keyboards , electronic Drums, effects etc and tons of recording gear , analogue and digital. Check my listings for a flavour.

I suspect you are just another dreamer and nosey on this amp and with no money, I get them all the time.

A real buyer recognises the gear  , and jumps in the car to get. One buyer came all the way from Newcastle after having gone through same idiotic nonsense and beliefs, and bought my brand new  array and active sub base for £ 600 and  was soooooo glad he came and trusted my paranoia and was same age and delighted with what he got and now gigs with it as a solo artist. Still have his email somewhere and think phone number,  and just FYI have also bought over the years many many non music gear stuff on ebay and have 100% feedback so whatever you are looking at is nonsense and very likely one of the many troublemakers I have had to report, as stalkers and harassing me , my ads etc simply because I would bot sell to them. AM VERY fussy as to the character and type pf person am selling to.  These fellas reveal their true colours as foul mouthed chavs and got many banned.

So sceptics are not my cup of tea and your loss :)

good luck with the basic AC30, as its outclassed by my amp for sure. I  was happy to sell it 5 years ago to a local guitarist who wanted his solos to cuth though with his band. Took it to his house, and when I heard him play through it and the clarity and volume, decided not to sell and he was devastated when I left and took it back. Today am selling all my big bulky gear off, guitars and valuable stuff will leave to the grandkids etc, as eacj year the gear grows in value

"OUR TOSSPOT"
    @jonnyburgo ; 401 words and still he failed to give you even the slightest hint on what he's selling. Outstanding.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What a total cock womble :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I quite like him, he comes across as a tad eccentric, but funny all the same.Or he wants you to show up at an address with an expensive instrument to trade with him so he can giggle at you from behind the curtains as you stand at next doors front door all confused.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    edited October 2018
    This seller has been peddling tat since the dawn of time. Even back in the dim and distant past, his Gumtree ads screamed ‘AVOID!’ :(

Some of the correspondence shared on this (and the earlier) thread is just bizarre.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    He should see this thread.... but I'm not going to be the one to send it over... this time. :)
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    So... it's not the actual guitar, that's not the actual price and he's not willing to discuss anything. :s

So, I got bored but it was quite funny

Sorry , thought you meant tansistors

It rage VOX early 80's Export model made especially for the USA  as in the 80's the AC30 was no longer considered powerful enough.

So yes some people refer to it as a V125 amp not to be confused with a Trannie 125

From: james via Gumtree Mail <Buyer-nf6hld6ftj6cs@reply.gumtree.com>
    Sent: 12 October 2018 22:09:18
    To: Seller-49886ph4vh2ps@reply.gumtree.com
    Subject: Re: james replied to your ad: VOX AC30 type Vintage 125 Watt Valve Twin Combo - RARE Collectable

Transformers, not transistors...

On 12 Oct 2018, at 23:08, Steve via Gumtree Mail <Seller-49886ph4vh2ps@reply.gumtree.com> wrote:

Hi sounds impressive, my listing is clear it's NOT A Trannie amp, it's all valve, and many of them 
    Sent: 12 October 2018 22:03:05
    Subject: Re: james replied to your ad: VOX AC30 type Vintage 125 Watt Valve Twin Combo - RARE Collectable

Well, my collection is all original includes original  6G2, 65 orig Twin, ex Eric Johnson with JBL’s, more Princetons, 5E3, Deluxes, Cornish rack and board, Skrysdrup custom FX system, some Bradshaw shit, and 5 pre CBS tele and strats a few CS pieces. And more modern stuff

What are you after?

Is it the V125? What speakers and what’s the trannies like?

On 12 Oct 2018, at 18:30, Steve via Gumtree Mail <Seller-49886ph4vh2ps@reply.gumtree.com> wrote:

gumtree.anonymizer.safetytext

Hi James, 

Before I give you any specifics, what exactly was your detailed proposal as a would be trade ?

Regards

Steve  
    Sent: 12 October 2018 17:03:48
    Subject: james replied to your ad: VOX AC30 type Vintage 125 Watt Valve Twin Combo - RARE Collectable

Dear Steve,

You have received a reply to your ad: "VOX AC30 type Vintage 125 Watt Valve Twin Combo - RARE Collectable" posted in Other Guitars & Accessories for Sale in "Mickleover" .

Hi Steve, 

Could you answer a few questions re the Vox? 

1. Speaker Type? 
    2. Is is JMI, VSL or which era of manufacture? 
    3. Hand wired or PCB? 
    4. Output rating? Are you saying it’s 125w? 

Many thanks and look forward to your response. 

James.