Is this a fair trade?

What's Hot
ricorico Frets: 1220
I have been offered the following as a straight swap for a guitar, I don't know much about them so your sage advise is welcomed!

1. 2016 Diver Down Kramer 84 Beretta
2. 1976 Yamaha Studio Lord (with Gibson logo...)
3. Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket

He has put a trade value of £1300 on the above, which he has pitched against a guitar i'm selling for half that. 

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited October 2018
    Do you actually want these to use, or just to sell on?

If it's just to sell on I'd pass as you'll be stuck with organising 3 sales rather than the one you have now, and they could well be more difficult to shift than your guitar.

If you want these and will use them then go for it of course, but seems like he's looking to off load his shit.

....and stay clear of the Yamaha with the Gibson logo!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rico said:
    I have been offered the following as a straight swap for a guitar, I don't know much about them so your sage advise is welcomed!

1. 2016 Diver Down Kramer 84 Beretta
    2. 1976 Yamaha Studio Lord (with Gibson logo...)
    3. Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket

He has put a trade value of £1300 on the above, which he has pitched against a guitar i'm selling for half that. 

Cheers!
    Based on ebay completed items:

1. 2016 Diver Down Kramer 84 Beretta = £300 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kramer-The-84-1984-Baretta-diver-down-electric-guitar/173583062419?hash=item286a5b5593:g:f3YAAOSwZl1bvxnv:rk:1:pf:0

2. 1976 Yamaha Studio Lord (with Gibson logo...) = ?? Couldn't find a direct match, but anywhere between £400 and £700 mark would be my guess - others on here with the knowledge will no doubt wade in ;)

3. Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket = £371.57 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mesa-Boogie-Subway-Rocket/113171321862?hash=item1a59895406:g:bNcAAOSw1ktbWyi8

I guess this is all down to condition as well, so it's a punt, but I would say (blind) that there is more value in his bits, but there is more hassle for you if you want to get your money back. 
  • steersteer Frets: 1161
    Why doesn't your prospective buyer sell all this stuff himself? Then he could afford to buy your guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    sounds like hard work
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    What model Studio Lord is it ?
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8019
    edited October 2018

That Gibson-logo-ed Yamaha SL has been hawked on Facebook with no luck - started at £550, eventually reduced to £400 - still no takers.

Lord Players and Studio Lords are great guitars, but the value of this one will be badly affected by the "upgrades" inflicted upon it.

From Facebook:

"Hey guys!

This is my 79' Yamaha Studio Lord. I took this on recently to make a project guitar. I've since re fretted it with jumbo nickel frets, done a full set up and have added gibson and les paul model decals which Have been lacquered over as well as new gibson deluxe machine heads as the old ones fell apart. They're in the case. Original double cream humbucker and push pots for single coil sounds.

Its a great guitar! Come have a go on it. I have a Mesa Boogie you can try it through. Comes with a Westfield tweed fitted hardcase which is awesome!

I can post. Will be £15

Link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1051899961518463/permalink/2267925829915864/?sale_post_id=2267925829915864

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Sounds like a load of hassle. Pass.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8019
    rico said:

Is that your LPJS?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    JezWynd said:
    Sounds like a load of hassle. Pass.
    I’m inclined to agree!HarrySeven said:
    rico said:

Is that your LPJS?
    Yes indeed. 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    If he could have sold them, he would of. The mesa boogie is the best of the bunch. As others have said steer clear 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Couldn’t be arsed.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1462
    edited October 2018
    The guy selling that Studio Lord has been a real pain in the arse for a few people on FaceBook. He is only young so was given the benefit of the doubt a few times but I wouldn’t deal with him.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Cheers all, cash sale it is!