Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Lebarque said:

Now, @ThorpyFX ... Any chance of making the knobs readable when you're standing up? My eyesight and memory aren't what they were! ;0) 
    I'll add my voice to that....the pedals look fantastic in shiny silver, but it does mean the text is unreadable onstage.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6089
    tFB Trader
    Lebarque said:

Now, @ThorpyFX ... Any chance of making the knobs readable when you're standing up? My eyesight and memory aren't what they were! ;0) 
    I'll add my voice to that....the pedals look fantastic in shiny silver, but it does mean the text is unreadable onstage.
    The pedal designs are fixed now as I’ve just invested a literal f***ton of time and money redesigning them.

that being said ..... how many notes, chords, riffs and songs do you learn?? Are five knob positions that much harder  ;) 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1810
    ThorpyFX said:
    Lebarque said:

The pedal designs are fixed now as I’ve just invested a literal f***ton of time and money redesigning them.

that being said ..... how many notes, chords, riffs and songs do you learn?? Are five knob positions that much harder  ;) 
    Like most of my pedals I tend to set and leave/forget about. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11411
    ThorpyFX said:
    Lebarque said:

Like most of my pedals I tend to set and leave/forget about. 

I switch guitars, so sometimes I need to tweak the settings.

It would be a lot easier if they were easily readable.  Not the end of the world, but would be nice if they were readable.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    Also it'll make the big footprint versions "original size" ;)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited October 2018
    Lebarque said:
    As ever that's what white chinagraph pencils are for surely???

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9444
    Ade,

Nice, really nice 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1054
    Love the new design Thorpy. These look even better than before, and they already looked amazing. 
    edited October 2018 tFB Trader
    I have added 20 new videos to the ThorpyFx youtube channel. If you fancy seeing Danish Pete rip it up through all of our pedals then please go and have a listen. starting with the gunshot......

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    Awesome stuff, Adrian! I just hope some of my talent has rubbed off on Danish Pete after using my old SG, ha ha! :-)
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1810
    agibbo said:
    Awesome stuff, Adrian! I just hope some of my talent has rubbed off on Danish Pete after using my old SG, ha ha! :-)
    Actually that SG sounded great in the Veteran demo ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • If anyone has seen TPS this week the Warthog is quite heavily featured as Mick has been using it for some Cream tribute thing. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited November 2018
    Mysterious world indeed ... I keep bumping into Mr Thorpe at guitar shows. Strange, that. At each of the last two I was bamboozled in a very good way. 

Really pleased with the Team Medic, Peacekeeper & The Fat General.  ,  or should that be   ?

So much so, I've just sold my Keeley Compressor, JHS booster, and the Seymour Duncan 805 OD (along with a delay). And it wasn't just to make way on the pedal board, or to replenish my dwindling GAS fund, but for the tone. I have no regrets.

Adrian - many thanks for the great pedals.
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1083
    @ThorpyFX Are we allowed to know more about the new Mystery Chorus/vibe pedal yet? Saw a little teaser on Facebook and it sounded great.

At least please tell us what colour the enclosure is going to be ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757

So much so, I've just sold my Keeley Compressor, JHS booster, and the Seymour Duncan 805 OD
    @fandango  in your opinion what thorpy pedal is closest to the SD 805, peacekeeper or medic? Im interested in getting a flexible ts style drive for boosting my marshall.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    rawk100 said:

So much so, I've just sold my Keeley Compressor, JHS booster, and the Seymour Duncan 805 OD
    @fandango  in your opinion what thorpy pedal is closest to the SD 805, peacekeeper or medic? Im interested in getting a flexible ts style drive for boosting my marshall.

The team medic isn’t an overdrive. It’s more of a boost with the ability to tweak the EQ. The peacekeeper is far more transparent than the 805. It depends what you want from an OD.
    fandango said:8i
    rawk100 said:

The team medic isn’t an overdrive. It’s more of a boost with the ability to tweak the EQ. The peacekeeper is far more transparent than the 805. It depends what you want from an OD.
    Thanks for that, sounds like neither of them have a tubescreamer feel to them.
    tFB Trader
    rawk100 said:
    fandango said:8i
    rawk100 said:

Thanks for that, sounds like neither of them have a tubescreamer feel to them.
    If you are after the tubescreamer thing then the peacekeeper can cop it by just adjusting the eq. Mids at 1-2oclock, bass at 2oclock, treble at 10-11 o'clock. it then gets you into that thick mid heavy sound that tubescreamers are renowned for.
    ThorpyFX said:
    If you are after the tubescreamer thing then the peacekeeper can cop it by just adjusting the eq. Mids at 1-2oclock, bass at 2oclock, treble at 10-11 o'clock. it then gets you into that thick mid heavy sound that tubescreamers are renowned for.
    Thanks Thorpy. Out of interest what sort of frequency does the mids on the peacekeeper target, is it around 700hz?
    tFB Trader
    rawk100 said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Thanks Thorpy. Out of interest what sort of frequency does the mids on the peacekeeper target, is it around 700hz?
    from memory 700-800..... so ideal territory for a guitar