Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

This gumtree seller.....

What's Hot

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12253
    You time waster James
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    You time waster James
    I'm a foul mouthed chav. Fact.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    HIM - ... it's same size as an AC30  but not a regular AC30. This was of a limited run of export models destined for USA. That's is why it is unusual and very rare to find any in Europe let alone the UK. I call it my AC125 Twin
    Round objects.

Availability of the VOX V125 was only "limited" in the sense that it did not sell in the hoped for quantities because it was;
    1. expensive
    2. not entirely reliable
    3. most heinously of all, not an AC30 clone. (How could it be?)

Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3354
    Are we sure its V125 and not a modded AC30?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Before I give you any specifics, what exactly was your detailed proposal as a would be trade ?”

How are you supposed to do that without any specifics? Is this guy for real?
    Guys, we need to be careful, he comes across as someone who may have stuff going on in his life and means no harm, he may also be reading this thread.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    edited October 2018
    "Its what it is and no model , or brand details will be given to on line users, But buyer will see what this is when trying etc after we have agreed on me accepting offer proposal etc"

Has this clown actually sold anything ever? What kind of a mug must that be if they have.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmo said:
    he may also be reading this thread.
    I hope so! That'll save me the effort of actually contacting him to get banned! 

There's plenty of us with "stuff going on in our lives" ...that doesn't give you free reign to be an abusive, twattish con merchant.  

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    No, but sometimes people with learning difficulties or mental illness dont know they are doing it. However this thread could very easily turn into a witch hunt, and to be fair guys none of us really want to buy anything from him anyway. If anyone has concerns about him being a con man or something sinister or dangerous Im sure Gumtree would have shut him down by now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Incidentally I did contact him about his Greco bass, he said first off that the photo was not of the actual guitar and we both agreed to wait until he loaded some actual photos next week when he took the guitar out of storage, my thoughts at this stage are he is genuine, he's just not running down the same path as most people, which is fine.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited October 2018
    ICBM said:
    I got as far as
    Has been peddling this amp for I guess 5+ years
    and guessed exactly what amp it was going to be!

I see he’s still trying to misrepresent it as an AC30...

What’s ridiculous is that it’s actually in pretty nice condition and quite a rare model, and if he simply listed it with an honest description at half that price, someone might even pay that much for one.
    Ditto.

There’s an old thread about this very amp somewhere on tFB .... ah here it is:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/107438/#Comment_107438

Happy reading.
    This amp isnt some weird variant of the Dallas AC 120 is it?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71955
    robgilmo said:
    That’s exactly what it is.

It does have some minor desirability because Paul Weller used a V125 briefly in The Jam, so Weller fans might pay reasonable money for one - although his was the head and cab version - and it’s relatively rare. I can’t see even the most minty mint one with its original Mullard EL34s being worth more than a grand though.

And Weller was a bit like the Beatles in that he used whatever Vox threw at him - he even endorsed the terrible Q Series when he was in the Style Council.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1258
    He’s not far from me (as I said in my comment on the previous thread) and I think I know who he is. I’d not bother wasting time and energy on him if my suspicions are correct. 
    edited October 2018
    ICBM said:
    robgilmo said:
    That’s exactly what it is.

It does have some minor desirability because Paul Weller used a V125 briefly in The Jam, so Weller fans might pay reasonable money for one - although his was the head and cab version - and it’s relatively rare. I can’t see even the most minty mint one with its original Mullard EL34s being worth more than a grand though.

And Weller was a bit like the Beatles in that he used whatever Vox threw at him - he even endorsed the terrible Q Series when he was in the Style Council.
    They look like a nice big amp, but 125 watts valve power? For some reason I thought they were SS, Thats a window shattering, ear hurting kind of loud, Id like one of those. In ten years or more it might be something else as far as desirability goes, It'll be vintage by then. Investment? Not so sure to be honest.
    robgilmo said:

They look like a nice big amp, but 125 watts valve power? For some reason I thought they were SS, Thats a window shattering, ear hurting kind of loud, Id like one of those.
    It just means the power stage always stays clean - they can be overdriven using the preamp, and in fact the tapers on the volumes are very gentle so they don't get loud quickly. That doesn't mean they sound good overdriven though!

I think turning one up to power stage overdrive levels would be very unwise anyway, unless it was running through much more robust speakers than the originals in the combos or 2x12" cabs.

robgilmo said:

In ten years or more it might be something else as far as desirability goes, It'll be vintage by then. Investment? Not so sure to be honest.
    I think it's highly unlikely, because no famous recordings I know of were done with one - Weller only used them on stage.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    edited October 2018
    robgilmo said:
    Perhaps some kind soul could pass him this link, it might help him to get it sold. Described sensibly it sounds quite an attractive amp for the right buyer.
    JezWynd said:
    robgilmo said:
    Perhaps some kind soul could pass him this link, it might help him to get it sold. Described sensibly it sounds quite an attractive amp for the right buyer.
    I forgot to read further down...

Firstly the speakers aren't Alnico, and secondly I've never heard of Brian May ever using one.

He might have, he's a massive Vox fan.