eBay pedal buyers...

What's Hot
joetelejoetele Frets: 947
They submit a low offer for a pedal already going for a cheap buy it now price. 

"My offer stands as I'd have to source a power supply". For a pedal that never came with a power supply on release. 

How is that my problem so that I should reduce the price? Sheesh. 
MUSIC: Pale Blurs
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Just do BIN and wait if your price is fair it will sell
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited October 2018
    I don’t like that it auto enables offers, I just switch it off
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 335
    Just set it to auto reject offers that are below your bottom line. You'll only hear of offers that are within the range you'll sell it for.

Iad once had a guy buy a microphone from me on eBay who, by the time he finally bought it, had put three offers in for it.

Each offer had a message attached apologising for the offer being so low.

All the messages also stated that it was the absolute maximum amount he could offer. Even though each new offer he made went up by £10.

You can't really blame people for trying even if they are full of shit.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    Yeah it didn't make me aware that it was adding offers when I listed it. Just got to wait for a couple of offers to expire before altering it. He's now telling me passive aggressively that I can come back to him "if I struggle to sell".  
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2272
    I love it when a would-be buyer offers to 'take it off my hands' for a stupid low price.
    Keefy said:
    I love it when a would-be buyer offers to 'take it off my hands' for a stupid low price.
    Like they're doing you a favour. Tedious .
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 321
    I had someone "buy" a pedal for me on Reverb this week, and then not pay. Not only not pay, but just go silent with no reply.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    edited October 2018
    joetele said:
    Yeah it didn't make me aware that it was adding offers when I listed it.
    You should receive a smug eBay message, informing you that your item(s) can now accept offers, whether you want that service or not. 

Keefy said:
    That class of customer is not unique to eBay.

Be seeing you.
    Can't change the offer status as there are some outstanding but I've at least moved the lowest offer I'd accept to much closer to the starting price. 
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 335
    joetele said:
    Can't change the offer status as there are some outstanding
    Just decline the offers. You don't have to wait.
  • joetele said:
    They submit a low offer for a pedal already going for a cheap buy it now price. 

"My offer stands as I'd have to source a power supply". For a pedal that never came with a power supply on release. 

How is that my problem so that I should reduce the price? Sheesh. 
    Joe,  You're talking a load of rubbish.  It was me that offered you on eBay.  Your BIN price is £50 and I offered you £45, hardly a low ball offer at less 10% !  You came back to me with a £49 offer to sell, at which point I enquired about the condition and a psu.  With no psu I said my £45 offer will stand as I'll have to source one.  For the elimination of doubt, I post my responses to you below:

"Hi, It's me that made the offer. You haven't described its condition and is there a power supply with it. I'll BIN @ £49 if your answers are positive. Many thanks.....Steve."

"Thanks for prompt reply. My offer stands at £45 as I'll have to source a power supply. Let me know please. Steve"

Hardly the correspondence described by Joe !!!  Joe, I suggest you expand your description in your future listings and become familiar with the eBay "make an offer" facility.  I notice it's still for sale three days after listing, maybe you're asking too much ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1161
    Money must be tight if both of you are so worried about 4 quid.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha, good point steer !  I wasn't sure if the Digiverb was right for me, but willing to take a punt.  I hate being lied about, even though you guys don't know me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    My apologies, Steve. I completely misread tone etc. It's been a stressful week with work and home stuff (and a couple of financial things). I was listing it quickly and didn't appreciate ebay including the offer facility which irritated me as well. They're a bit sneaky about the way they do it .

In any case it wasn't right to bring it onto a public forum, especially considering how wrong I'd gotten it. 

Hope this doesn't put you off human beings in future. Apologies again. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Apology accepted Joe.

Yes, I agree, eBay are sometimes sneaky with a box to be checked if you want to opt out of something.

I'm surprised you got caught with the offer facility, your feedback shows you're well familiar with accepting Best Offers in the past.

Moral of the story is "be careful when listing on eBay" and "be careful what you write on a public forum".

Cheers Joe !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I recently had an offer for a guitar at around 50% of the price I had it listed for. At first I thought it was a typo. Cheeky bugger!
  • Some bidders are chancers. some just bid what they're prepared to spend. Sometimes a seller wants rid asap and may take anything
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    Some people just need to "win"

This sounds as though it is over a quid. Jesus. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6598
    edited October 2018
    It's not just eBay. I recently listed a Cornish NG-3TM on this very forum for £390 posted. Someone messaged me asking if I'd accept £200.
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    Matt_McG said:
    I had someone "buy" a pedal for me on Reverb this week, and then not pay. Not only not pay, but just go silent with no reply.
    you get this all the time on eBid also but you have to chase about to make sure you get your charges refunded...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>