Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Lead guitarist looking at buying first bass...no idea what I’m looking for

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• What did you get? I'm potentially in the same boat..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sparkspark Frets: 22
    I'd suggest going for an Ibanez SR300 (ideally SR500) or higher they are easy to find, with quite fast neck, so It will be a plus for someone that is coming from a guitar.
    SIRE is over the budget and Squire Precision is quite good but in this kind of budget Ibanez and Cort are the winners.

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Personally, I'd go for a six-stringer if you can find one. And maybe one with slightly narrower strings with the pitch set at an octave higher than a typical bass.
    I don't think you'd be disappointed. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7745
    I struggled going from Guitar fretboard to massive bass fretboard. Bought and sold a few basses, ended up with a MIJ Fender Mustang Competition bass (short scale) 
    loved that thing, sounded great (quite Precision like), tremendous fun to play. 
    Sold it while out of work, regretted it ever since. 

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Hattigol said:
    Personally, I'd go for a six-stringer if you can find one. And maybe one with slightly narrower strings with the pitch set at an octave higher than a typical bass.
    I don't think you'd be disappointed. 

https://media.tenor.com/images/90f2da8073b66228140dd67824bf3dce/tenor.gif