Fuzz For Doom/Stoner

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Mountainking Electronics Megalith is the most devastating fuzz I've ever used - beefy and thick as fuck whilst retaining clarity for chugs. It is very rare to find though.

Apart from that - FZ-2/Behringer Super Fuzz for Electric Wizard type doom.
    RAT is also good shout for more riffy doom.
    Pharaoh for that monster low end (works very well stacked with a distortion too).

Another option is to use a distortion pedal and play around with the tone knob on your guitar. I sometimes do this using my VHD distortion and can get instant sludgy Eyehategod tone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Another vote for the FZ-2.

Try the cheapy R;attack Rat clone... does three Rats in one and can be had for 25 quid off Thievebay, or the Mooer Black Secret.

• I'd highly recommend the Fulltone Ultimate Octave.  If you're familiar with early QOTSA that is pretty much their early signature sound.   They're discontinued but you can pick one up second hand for around the £140-170 mark.   It also has the added bonus of a switchable octave up function. 
  • sparkspark Frets: 22
    I talk as a bass player, fuzzes were an obsession I had five at the same time, all of them were different and at the end, I keep just one, not the most versatile, not the best sound, the one it was easier to adapt to different circumstances. 
    Fuzzes is a world of try, keep and replace for another one, my favourite was the Apocalypse Distortion and the Way Huge Swollen Pickle Fuzz. I end up with Duality of Darkglass.

Sorry for my crappy English.
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 252
    edited October 2018
    A few of my buddies that are heavily into the doom/stoner rock thing all love the Earthquaker Devices Acapulco Gold. Designed to sound like a Sunn Model T, which is apparently the dogs bollocks.