Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    Second prize, two Blackstar Fly 3 amps with a twelve month subscription. 
    Be seeing you.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I did this a month or two ago - if you're thinking of getting a subscription or one of the fly 3 amps give it a go. 
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71950
    Needs lol and wiz

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ICBM said:
    Needs lol and wiz

Needs a big yawn more like.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Great little sofa amps these. Much better sounding than the Marshall/Orange and Fender ones i’ve had in the past. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    ICBM said:
    Needs lol and wiz
    What would you recommend to do the same job as a Fly 3?

They cost only £50, they are teeny-tiny so your significant other would barely notice, and they sound significantly better than any of their battery-powered competition (IMHO of course)?

Orange Crush 3?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    Needs a big yawn more like.
    Can't please everybody. (Which is why I did not bother.)
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71950
    The ones I’ve heard sound absolutely awful. I don’t know what else there is at the same price, but they sound so bad I wouldn’t play one if it was free.

The Roland Micro Cube and Vox Mini3 are in a totally different league, although admittedly slightly more expensive. There’s also a mini Katana, but I haven’t heard that yet.

But if there isn’t anything else you can afford then an unplugged electric is better...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• longjawlongjaw Frets: 420
    I've got a Fly and the extension cabinet, I can get some perfectly good clean to mild break up tones on it but once you up the gain it's not so good.
  • Needs a big yawn more like.
    Can't please everybody. (Which is why I did not bother.)

Yawn again.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    The ones I’ve heard sound absolutely awful. I don’t know what else there is at the same price, but they sound so bad I wouldn’t play one if it was free.

The Roland Micro Cube and Vox Mini3 are in a totally different league, although admittedly slightly more expensive. There’s also a mini Katana, but I haven’t heard that yet.

But if there isn’t anything else you can afford then an unplugged electric is better...

Well you talk complete bollocks so not really bothered what you think to be honest. It suits my requirements just fine. Yawn.
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    ICBM said:

Well you talk complete bollocks so not really bothered what you think to be honest. It suits my requirements just fine. Yawn.
    Funniest thing I have read in years mate
    youve made my day
    hilarious but bonkers

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    @Rigid_Digits seems to be on a rampage
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4941
    I have a FLY BASS and it is  fine little amp which sits beside my keyboard on our computer desk.  Fine for learning bass lines or jamming with music stored on the computer or on the internet....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7730
    edited October 2018
    sev112 said:
    ICBM said:

youve made my day
    hilarious but bonkers

I laughed too, I'm reading these posts in an Aussie accent.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    ICBM said:

I haven't seen a Vox Mini 3 but the Micro Cube is a lot bigger than the Fly 3.
  • I sometimes include a fly 3 as one of my amps for kids at sessions. 

I give it to the shittest one, as you can't hear it above the others. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattPMattP Frets: 252
    ICBM said:

You should ask him his opinion on the micro terror next...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1462
    edited October 2018
    Fly3 is comfortably the best sounding mini amp you can buy in my opinion, no idea how others make them sound awful but hey I guess it must be all in the fingers!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    sev112 said:
    ICBM said:

youve made my day
    hilarious but bonkers

I laughed too, I'm reading these posts in an Aussie accent.
    Me too now - even more hilarious! Clearly pissed cos he's busted his plugger mate.