Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HX Stomp

What's Hot

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    I've been estimated early Nov by Sound Affects Premier. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    I've just noticed that I've been playing with this thing for over 3 hours! Got some awesome toanz!

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I've just noticed that I've been playing with this thing for over 3 hours! Got some awesome toanz!

Well good for you :)  When can the rest of us have one?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534

Oi, get back to work!

Oh I see, that is your work (lucky bastard)
    edited October 2018
    dindude said:

Oi, get back to work!

Oh I see, that is your work (lucky bastard)

https://imgur.com/PenbGh7

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_A said:
    So what's the word on UK availability for the HX stomp?
    Andertons say Nov 9th, I'm sure that was Nov 5th earlier this week.
    Aaaand this is why I cancelled my order! No refund yet mind...
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    John_A said:
    So what's the word on UK availability for the HX stomp?
    Andertons say Nov 9th, I'm sure that was Nov 5th earlier this week.
    Great, So I should be able to pick one up from the classifieds in time for Xmas - looking forward to it! 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3426
    mrkb said:
    Great, So I should be able to pick one up from the classifieds in time for Xmas - looking forward to it! 
    This man fretboards
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carlos said:
    mrkb said:
    This man fretboards
    Do you even fretboard bro?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    edited October 2018
    I'm also looking forward to picking one of these up 2nd hand when the people who really should have got a full fat version in the first place complain they need more blocks was going to spend any Xmas money on a new guitar but I reckon this will be a more useful tool for me especially playing at home and practices where I'm too lazy to take my amp. I would generally never use more than 1 effect per song so I should have plenty of blocks for amps and cabs/IR and just set up identical patches per song if I need a different effect.
  • Definitely interested in this, but have a few questions that I hope someone can answer for me.

If i connect this up in 4cm to use my amp pre-amp, but for some songs I wanted to use an amp model/IR, can I put in a bypass/splitter type block into the chain of the HX to allow me choose whether I’m going into my amp input or fx loop?

The extra footswitch option....if I use my Morningstar MC6 MIDI controller can I assign two of the switches on that to do that job?

Can I use the MC6 to change to a specific preset/snapshot, or will I only be able to scroll/bank up/down through one preset at time?

If I wanted to connect to both my amp, and FOH, can I connect the “send” that would normally go to my amp input to the FX loop instead, so that I’m getting all my sounds/Fx through the amp as well as the FOH?
  • Definitely interested in this, but have a few questions that I hope someone can answer for me.
    I don't have a Stomp, but from what I know of it and the Helix firmware...

If i connect this up in 4cm to use my amp pre-amp, but for some songs I wanted to use an amp model/IR, can I put in a bypass/splitter type block into the chain of the HX to allow me choose whether I’m going into my amp input or fx loop?
    Yes. You'd use a send/return block which your preamp goes in, so simply have that and the amp block next to each other in the signal path on the Stomp and alternate between them with snapshots (or presets).

The extra footswitch option....if I use my Morningstar MC6 MIDI controller can I assign two of the switches on that to do that job?
    Don't know.

Can I use the MC6 to change to a specific preset/snapshot, or will I only be able to scroll/bank up/down through one preset at time?
    Yes to the former - you'd use PC commands to switch presets, or CCs (which you'd have to configure) to switch snapshots.

If I wanted to connect to both my amp, and FOH, can I connect the “send” that would normally go to my amp input to the FX loop instead, so that I’m getting all my sounds/Fx through the amp as well as the FOH?
    Yes - put a split block in at the end of the path and put the IR on that, and route the output of that path somewhere other than the main output (you might need a stereo -> double mono adapter to use Send 2).
    <space for hire>
  • Can I use the MC6 to change to a specific preset/snapshot, or will I only be able to scroll/bank up/down through one preset at time?
    You could do either one.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    I don't have a Stomp, but from what I know of it and the Helix firmware...

Yes. You'd use a send/return block which your preamp goes in, so simply have that and the amp block next to each other in the signal path on the Stomp and alternate between them with snapshots (or presets).

Don't know.

Yes to the former - you'd use PC commands to switch presets, or CCs (which you'd have to configure) to switch snapshots.

Yes - put a split block in at the end of the path and put the IR on that, and route the output of that path somewhere other than the main output (you might need a stereo -> double mono adapter to use Send 2).
    Could also toggle between amp block and fx loop on one button
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

For the folks that will add one of these to a pedal board, how do you plan to power it?

Use an extra plug on your boards or power it from an isolated supply?

I'm looking at getting a couple of Strymons for my small board (Flint and El Cap), the HX stomp would be cheaper and could cover similar ground (with the big added bonus of amp backup and acoustic patches), but I think the 3A supply will be an issue.

• smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 653
    edited October 2018
    It does say on the FAQ section about the stomp that Line 6 have tested it with dual outputs from a Zuma R300 and Voodoo Labs power supply, and everything appears to work fine. They do obv go on to say they can’t gaurantee anything though. I have a Zuma, and the likelihood is that the Stomp is going to relieve my board of quite a few pedals, so I’m hoping that powering from my Zuma will be ok. 

However, I do have room underneath my board to mount the Stomp power supply if I decided to use that
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    edited October 2018
    Apparently the Stomp isn't due in at some stores until the end of December 2018!

Put it this way, I've paid in full so I'll be cancelling if this is the revised date.
    Apparently the Stomp isn't due in at some stores until the end of December 2018!

Put it this way, I've paid in full so I'll be cancelling if this is the revised date.
    Let me look into this for you. Well, for everyone. I'm kind of out of the loop now with shipping dates. All I know is they are shipping in the US already. The only thing I can put the date here down to is they are selling out fast. Which would be nice. Get back to you ASAP. 

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Let me look into this for you. Well, for everyone. I'm kind of out of the loop now with shipping dates. All I know is they are shipping in the US already. The only thing I can put the date here down to is they are selling out fast. Which would be nice. Get back to you ASAP. 
    I have a couple of friends in the USA who already have theirs ... they'll probably get some new models and a firmware upgrade before I get mine ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Check before you cancel. It could mean all their early November stock has been sold so you are at the front of the queue in the UK.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom