Free Blackstar FLY 3 - with 6 month TG/GT or Guitarist magazine subscription

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11741
    I find the Fly 3 just fine, each to their own I guess.

Threads here recently are degenerating a bit quickly though, everyone please keep calm! :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72227
    To be fair, at least it doesn't sound as bad as an ID Core.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12324
    mgaw said:
    @Rigid_Digits seems to be on a rampage
    Whilst being very tired
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12324
    I find the Fly 3 just fine, each to their own I guess.

Threads here recently are degenerating a bit quickly though, everyone please keep calm! :)
    I bought my nephew an orange crush to play with his epiphone mini and it makes a passable electric guitar sound, much better than the marshall/fender rubbish versions but its still a toy.  The fly is I believe a significant step up from these but I haven't tried them.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I'm kind of interested in doing this 6 month sub, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I open the link. I see the advert but can't then do anything about it. Do I just go and take out a 6 month sub and it'll add the offer when I checkout?

Andy
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14409
    Yawn again.
    Rigid_Digits said:
    Well you talk complete bollocks so not really bothered what you think to be honest. It suits my requirements just fine. Yawn.
    I had already deduced that he must be a Blackstar Fly 3 owner.
    mgaw said:
    @Rigid_Digits seems to be on a rampage
    It must be great to be young and so absolutely certain about everything.

My turn to yawn.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Better than the Fly is the new little Laney amps. Get one of the ones with 2 little speakers and theyre awesome.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Better than the Fly is the new little Laney amps. Get one of the ones with 2 little speakers and theyre awesome.
    Keen to try one of those, the demos sound pretty good and the app looks cool.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 980
    andyp said:
    I'm kind of interested in doing this 6 month sub, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I open the link. I see the advert but can't then do anything about it. Do I just go and take out a 6 month sub and it'll add the offer when I checkout?

Andy
    @andyp ;

Yeah it looks that way, just make sure that it mentions the Blackstar Mini like below, when you go to pay.

3. Select your payment planSix Monthly Direct Debit + Blackstar Mini
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I have a blackstar fly compared to one of the marshall ministacks it sounds like a matchless dc30!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 614
    Did anyone actually receive the blackstar amp? My guitarist subscription arrived a couple of days ago but no sign of the amp...
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 980
    Sorry to hear that @Epsilon ;

I didn’t actually sign upto the deal.  Does the email mention anything about when it would be sent out? With the first/second magazine?

I would phone them or at least send them an email.
  • I've got one, it even works with a bass. remember it's only meant as a little thing for practising without annoying people.

I'd definitely choose it over a Line 6 Spider :-P

I have a Maplin's PP3 powered micro amp that sounded better - but that was with a JCM800 speaker plugged in the back.

Might add a jack to the Fly and try it through 2x12 greenbacks  :-)
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    I've got one, it even works with a bass. remember it's only meant as a little thing for practising without annoying people.

I'd definitely choose it over a Line 6 Spider :-P

I have a Maplin's PP3 powered micro amp that sounded better - but that was with a JCM800 speaker plugged in the back.

Might add a jack to the Fly and try it through 2x12 greenbacks  :-)
    Good luck - the power amp board hangs off the speaker connectors and the pads lift very easily...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.