Six String Supplies - Guitar Electronics

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    @maxdown many thanks Max glad you like it.

yes I understand the point you make above - I’ve recently filmed a video for the YouTube channel on how to install this harness (I have wired so many of these kits) but only actually installed one in a guitar once so I didn’t appreciate how difficult it can be to ground the bridge and pickups so the sides of the push pull pots until very recently.

im looking at making the whole thing sodlerless but it’s taking a lot of time/research and sourcing.

i can look at putting tails in for grounding but then it starts to look incredibly messy and like spaghetti junction.

thanks again for the feedback,

cheers
    ed 

For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    In the 2-3 years since I started Six String Supplies, I have had quite a few enquiries for solder-less kits (not too many mind) but enough to keep it on the radar and I have always been meaning to offer them as an alternative to customers/potential buyers who either do not have the equipment to solder themselves or don't have the confidence to do it themselves (or those who simply can't be arsed  ;) These are all very simple to install, assuming you've got one of those small screwdrivers

It is still a work in progress, and they will never be my "main" product so to say, but I have started offering a few solder-less kits, currently only for your typical F-style models.....and currently only T-type and bass models.

Classic 3 way T wiring (pictured with UK made control knobs I had made for SSS)

Solder-less PB kits

....and JB kits

They're not cheap though! No shame! I reckon I could wire a standard T-type kit, blindfolded in about 20 minutes, and fairly neatly, given the number of them I have wired the past  2 years or so and the habit its puts me in. The solder-less version takes so much longer and is quite fiddly.  And they result in more finger burns ;)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey Ed :)

I don't come here as often as I ought but it's good to see you on here. You already know that you are my 'go to' when I need wiring help! I'll be sending you a message soon as I need some wiring advice on one of my own.

Victor [Fret Friend Guitar Workshop]

-------------------------------------------
    https://facebook.com/ngoneseven
    -------------------------------------------
    tFB Trader
    Hey Ed :)

I don't come here as often as I ought but it's good to see you on here. You already know that you are my 'go to' when I need wiring help! I'll be sending you a message soon as I need some wiring advice on one of my own.

Victor [Fret Friend Guitar Workshop]
    Hey Victor,

I'm on holiday at the moment but if you send your message on email I will get back to you when I'm back next week,

I hope the new workshop move is going well!

• bennyg85bennyg85 Frets: 64
    I bought some pots and a switch for a Les Paul from you many moons ago. Fair pricing and great service. Highly recommended!
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    bennyg85 said:
    I bought some pots and a switch for a Les Paul from you many moons ago. Fair pricing and great service. Highly recommended!
    Same here. Always my first port of call for harnesses :+1: