Taylor GS Mini or ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• StavrosStavros Frets: 328
    Thought I would post an update to this....after trying several different acoustics I did go for the GS Mini in mahogany. It just felt really comfortable in the shop, though the action was higher than I am used to higher up the neck.

It it felt really odd at first after only playing electric previously, and I wasn’t convinced I would stick with it, but after having it properly set up by Fraser Callum in Leeds, it felt like a completely different guitar, and I love it.

Just so easy to pick up and play for a few minutes, without faffing about with an amp and tone settings, and for me it opens up a whole new style of playing, ie finger picking just sounds so much better.

Thanks again for all the advice!
    I love my brick
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I have a Faith Naked Mercury which is a phenomenal guitar. 
    As an aside, I walked through Edinburgh city centre yesterday, GS Minis FAR out numbered any other guitar being played by  musicians/buskers/art students- that popularity speaks volumes to me... Can Toby, Rupert, Hugo, Bertie & their mates all be wrong? 

I also have one of those faiths and bloody love it. Have owned it for quite a few years now, it's a bit worn but still plays and sounds lovely 
  • I was planning on a GS mini, but after playing a few in the shop, including the GS, I ended up going for the Fender Paramount TE in mahogany. I found the action was a bit nicer on the Fender, and the bass seemed a little richer. Plus you get a solid mahogany with electrics for the same price as a GS mini.