Best budget tape delay pedal

2»

Comments

• joetele said:
    jpttaylor said:
    The tape setting on the Marshall Echohead is fantastic - it's not adjustable beyond time, feedback etc but it sits really well in the mix. I think they can be had for about £30-40 used. 
    I'm always intrigued by these Marshall pedals but after the first one I owned gave up the ghost after a week, I never really went back to them. Which is a shame because they have tons of useful sounds. 
    I’ve had the same issue. Two Marshall delays and one chorus pedal all died on me, so I wouldn’t buy them again or be able to recommend them for long term reliability.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    joetele said:
    jpttaylor said:
    The tape setting on the Marshall Echohead is fantastic - it's not adjustable beyond time, feedback etc but it sits really well in the mix. I think they can be had for about £30-40 used. 
    I'm always intrigued by these Marshall pedals but after the first one I owned gave up the ghost after a week, I never really went back to them. Which is a shame because they have tons of useful sounds. 
    I’ve had the same issue. Two Marshall delays and one chorus pedal all died on me, so I wouldn’t buy them again or be able to recommend them for long term reliability.
    That's my fear too, and it's a pisser because they're such well-featured, good-sounding pedals. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    Line 6 M5...Delays were really good..Small footprint and £50 ish  :)
    tone1 said:
    I wish I could find one for £50ish! 
    joetele said:
    tone1 said:
    Ah.... I think my last one on here was £50 but that was a few years ago... have they gone up a bit?
    tone1 said:
    joetele said:
    tone1 said:
    Ah.... I think my last one on here was £50 but that was a few years ago... have they gone up a bit?
    I haven't seen one on here....but they're about £80+ elsewhere. How do they compare with the Zoom MS-50 / MS-70 units for sound quality? 
    I haven't tried any Zoom's....The M5 has great delays...Couple of the drives were ok. Generally great for the odd sound that you wouldn't normally splash out on a separate pedal for, that you might use once in a blue moon.  :)
    tone1 said:
    I haven't tried any Zoom's....The M5 has great delays...Couple of the drives were ok. Generally great for the odd sound that you wouldn't normally splash out on a separate pedal for, that you might use once in a blue moon.  :)
    That was the benefit of the old Zoom I had - could get fairly decent copies of Boss Slicer, Bitcrusher and a good reverse reverb. And considering the price and form factor the quality was fairly decent. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4028
    joetele said:
    I haven't seen one [Line 6 M5] on here....but they're about £80+ elsewhere. How do they compare with the Zoom MS-50 / MS-70 units for sound quality? 
    Quite a superior sound -- I've always thought delays were what Line 6 did best. 
    The biggest hassle I've had with the M5 is that it needs 500mA to work properly. 
    The pedal would be ideal on my small gigging board but I can't power the thing.
    Grunfeld said:
    joetele said:
    I haven't seen one [Line 6 M5] on here....but they're about £80+ elsewhere. How do they compare with the Zoom MS-50 / MS-70 units for sound quality? 
    Quite a superior sound -- I've always thought delays were what Line 6 did best. 
    The biggest hassle I've had with the M5 is that it needs 500mA to work properly. 
    The pedal would be ideal on my small gigging board but I can't power the thing.
    I think between the stuff I have and a pedal I'm getting back from a friend I should have delays covered now - my Digidelay can go back to Tape duty as well as occasional short loops