Waves virtual mix room

2»

Comments

• Flat is not necessarily exciting. If it’s sounding hyped EQ wise on a flat system it’s probably going to be way too hyped on a playback system that boosts frequencies
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • domforrdomforr Frets: 326
    I'm just not sure I understand why headphone makers wouldn't make them as flat as possible if they're intended for mixing (which supposedly my Shure SRH1440 are)
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited October 2018
    domforr said:
    Thanks. Another option here: https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_morphit_v1.html
    I've come across a few. Just grab the one that you like. I went with Goodhertz cos they make interesting plugins.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    domforr said:
    Just a question about Sonarworks - would you leave this on all the time when mixing or just as a reference to check on now and again?
    You have it off for tracking (because it introduces latency) but otherwise leave it on 100% of the time during mixing.
    edited October 2018
    octatonic said:
    domforr said:
    Just a question about Sonarworks - would you leave this on all the time when mixing or just as a reference to check on now and again?
    You have it off for tracking (because it introduces latency) but otherwise leave it on 100% of the time during mixing.
    Talking of latency, am I the only one who nudges every track until they "pop"? I start with the bass, and lock it onto the drums, then I adjust everything else one by one. I find playing with the timing can creatively change the feel of the track.

Sort of a bit like this effect 

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    I don't do this, but I'm using HDX so the roundtrip latency is under 1ms.
    If you are using a native system then it could be you are compensating for buffer latency.
    edited October 2018
    octatonic said:
    I don't do this, but I'm using HDX so the roundtrip latency is under 1ms.
    If you are using a native system then it could be you are compensating for buffer latency.
    I use it as a creative effect too, not only to adjust the latency, especially if a track is sounding a bit sterile.