Reaper: is it possible to run reverb and delay VSTs in parallel?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited October 2018
    @stratman how's Valhalla Room? Any good? How different is it from VVV?

I haven't done a detailed comparison to be honest. Valhalla Room is my go to reverb, which I always start with. Then I experiment with Valhalla Vintage and Plate if I can't quite find what I want with Valhalla Room.

Nice one, I may just get it then!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    @stratman how's Valhalla Room? Any good? How different is it from VVV?

I haven't done a detailed comparison to be honest. Valhalla Room is my go to reverb, which I always start with. Then I experiment with Valhalla Vintage and Plate if I can't quite find what I want with Valhalla Room.

Nice one, I may just get it then!
    There is no reason not to own everything they sell or give away for free  =)
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • True enough, mate. Probably my favourite plugins, the Shimmer and VVV
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    As @Funkfingers has stated, the conventional way to do this is with Aux sends, whether digital or analogue.
    Advantages - each mix channel has access to the effect by turning up the appropriate knob, you only need one instance of the plug-in thus saving Processing Power, and you will get a more realistic room reverb, for example, if all sounds are being treated by the same reverb, similar to what happens in a real room. Also you can have a stereo effect being accessed by mono signals which is going to sound stereo-er than having the plug in as an insert on a mono channel. It is possible to put both reverb and delay on the same aux channel, but you then lose individual control for no benefit.

My aux return channels always stay at 0dB, I vary the amount of fx on the source with the aux send knob.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but generally time based effects like reverb, delay and chorus go on an aux send/return loop whereas processors like compressors and eq's go on channel inserts.