Headphone amp thingy ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• baldybaldy Frets: 195
    Well I am still in a quandary as to what to get.
    Line 6 Pocket pod, Palmer pocket amp MK2, Korg Pandora PX4, Korg Pandora mini or is there another route I could go down maybe upping my budget ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • one of those vox jack socket thingies?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I have one of the Vox Amplug MK2"s, which is what I think you mean ?
    They are rubbish sounding IMO.
    When I say "is there another route I could go down maybe upping my budget" I mean going to a mains powered unit that I can plug headphones in to ?
    My wife doesn"t like having an amp in the living room so being that it will be a bulkier unit than a pod or the like it mustn"t look like an amp (I don"t fancy a THR).
    I have quite a good separates Hi-Fi set up in the room so something that looks a bit like a Hi-Fi separates unit might be ok, or could I connect something through my Hi-Fi set up ?
    I have an XVive wireless system so don"t need to have a cable from the guitar to the unit.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Have you tried a Korg Pandora? The one I had for a while sounded gash I thought.
    I haven"t tried anything bar my Vox Amplug MK2 & that is poor.
  • Do you have a laptop? You could use an affordable interface like the Mackie Onyx Artist with Scuffham S-Gear, which sounds incredible.
  • baldy said:

My wife doesn"t like having an amp in the living room so being that it will be a bulkier unit than a pod or the like it mustn"t look like an amp (I don"t fancy a THR).
    I have quite a good separates Hi-Fi set up in the room so something that looks a bit like a Hi-Fi separates unit might be ok, or could I connect something through my Hi-Fi set up ?
    You might have already tried this, but if not I would definitely recommend sitting your wife down properly, maybe take her for a meal, and explaining to her that playing guitar is something that you really care about. Something which brings you a lot of happiness not just as a form of entertainment, but also as a big part of who you are. So as big part of your identity, it is something which you would like to be reflected in your home, and shared with your partner/family. She may never have thought about it in those terms, and may well feel differently.
    edited October 2018
    You don"t know my wife.
    She didn"t like me having my Katana 50 in the room as it was a "big black box".
    One day out shopping she spotted an Orange amp in a shop window & commented that that would look ok in our room as orange would go with the decor.
    So I got an Orange amp but when I put it i the room she said it was the wrong shade of orange to co-ordinate. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ArjailerArjailer Frets: 103
    Line 6 Amplifi TT has a very "hi-fi" look.
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2354

It appears that the Amplifi TT is-going-to-be/has- been discontinued.

Historically, what are Line 6 like at supporting discontinued products?

I wasn't aware of the product prior to this thread, but I am now interested.

Cheers,

DDig

edited October 2018
    Does anyone have any experience of the Line 6 Amplifi TT, good or bad ?
    On the face of it it seems that it would suit me for what I want & would not look out of place in my living room as it doesn"t look like an amp.