SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Zilla Fatbaby Loaded 1X12, WITHDRAWN....Suhr Badger 30 Head SOLD....Dr Z Maz18NR Head SOLD

What's Hot
BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5834
edited July 2022 in Amps £

Zilla Fatbaby 1 x 12 (Open/Closed Back) Loaded. Celestion Heritage G12H (75) (30 Watt Speaker)

WITHDRAWN FROM SALE DUE TO SELLING OFF MY BOGNER RIG.

£275

..........................................................................................................

Dr Z Maz 18 Non Reverb Head....SOLD!

Sold to DCP (November 2020) for £850 (Buyer arranged/paid for shipping and insurance).

Innards:
3x12AX7's 2xEL84's and 5AR4 Rectifier Valve.

Fantastic sounding single channel amp, cosmetically immaculate and great working order. It's been gigged and transported, but well looked after. It comes in lovely Red Tolex.

This is the Non Reverb Head which does have a bit more gain than the reverb version. I'd say it does a tad more than AC/DC level gain. Amp is great as a clean pedal base, good Headroom for 18 watts with the Master Volume.

The included Footswitch is a boost function. I have tried it but never used it for gigs, bit of a gimmick really as it boosts too much both gain and volume and there is no regulation of it, still, it came with the amp, so it is included.

Regardless of the FTSWTCH, there is a good amount of gain there, put a few pedals in front for different flavours. The variation of tones from the Amp are a winner, this is mostly down the the "Cut" control. Anecdotally noted for being able to go between Vox, Fender and Marshall tones. I can't vouch for the exact truth of that, but it covers tons of ground, it won't disappoint.

The clarity of the Amp is superb, even when pushed to overdrive, you can pick out every note of the chord. The EQ is very good on the amp. FX Loop is great.

The amp is 18 watts, but it's loud enough to break your ears, don't be fooled by that 18 watt rating. The stock Valves did need replacing around 130 - 150 hours. I'm positive it was no less than that, but that is an estimate. The Jewel light Bulb did need to be replaced too at some point.

The amp is now fitted with the Russian 16N4N Valves from Langrex which are recommended by the Dr himself as these amps can run hot.

Amp Comes with Roqsolid Padded Foam Cover which is in great condition.

Suhr Badger 30 Head, Mk 1 Version ..........SOLD.... to DPC of this Parish (in October 2020)  for £825 (Buyer paid/arranged for shipping and insurance)

Thanks.
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MistyMisty Frets: 135
    edited October 2018
    Great amps, I have one. It might be helpful to know that the boost footswitch is now available with a variable boost pot on the side, making it much more usable:
    http://www.peachguitars.com/guitar-amps/guitar-amps/dr-z-variable-boost-footswitch.htm
    GLWTS.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    Fantastic amps.
  • Thanks @llew and @Misty ;

That new footswitch idea was needed badly.

I recall you (Misty) gave me a lot of advice re the valves on these when a dodgy one went down on this. Karltone were really helpful too.
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    You're welcome @Bellycaster, glad you got it sorted.

• Bump
  • TTT
  • Friday Bump
  • Sexy Red Head Bump  =)
  • Get yer coat.........You've pulled 
  • woosh
  • Ta-Dah
  • Black Friday Promise: Buy this Before Black Friday and if you find one cheaper in any store on Black Friday, I'll be too skint to do anything about it.

:)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ASWASW Frets: 7
    Before you sell her treat yourself: try the cut at 9 treble at 11, master just over half at and volume on full. It’s a totally different animal and the boost sounds incredible ( but not much louder as the ams pretty much maxed..) I use a maz 38 like this all the time and I love it... Not trying to be a smart ass, just want to share a total game changer for me..All the best with the sale all the same 
  • I don't think I have ever set it that loud even at a gig @ASW :)

I'd need to be somewhere I wouldn't get arrested, hehe. Don't think I'll have the freedom to try those settings anytime soon. I like to set to..........................."Edge of break up" ;) at gigs.

I know it's a great sounding amp and have experimented with the settings. I just have too many amps and am at critical mass with GAS for more Guitars.

Cheers.
  • ^
  • Theresa May Style Bump:

I wholeheartedly believe this deal is the best way forward for any Guitarist, young or old, and I am positive that I will see it through.

I have solid support and acceptance, Forum-Wide, on the strength of this deal. It's simply not enough to consider a deal that is only beneficial to my Bank Account, but to consider one that can, through the power of tone, benefit our entire community.

No further comment at this time :)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • £875 until 23:59 on Sunday 25/11/18

Not a minute more I shall give thee. 23:59 is the time thou shalt recognise and the ending of the time shall be 23:59. The stroke of midnight I shall not count.

00:01 is Right Out!

If the time hath not been reached, then lobbeth thou cash at me and I shall, be grateful in thy sight and shall handeth over the Amp.

:)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • £875 offer finished, but price dropped from £975 to £950 ono.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
  • Bump