Whats New Pussycat - Feline Guitars Updates thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    Well the Shred Lion project is nearly complete - a trio of guitars that bridge the gap between our popular Lion models and the Blackmachine B6s we build so favoured by tech metal players. We will run their own thread in a bit , but here is a sneak of the first completed one

That is beautiful. Classic yet unique and modern. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11496
    tFB Trader
    Two new babies coming through:

Strat Gilmour Pulse
    Our homage to the candy apple red strat that Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour played in the 1990s. Loaded with the EMG SAV pickups and the DG20 active electronics circuit with a mid boost and a guitar expander control.
    Guitar has an alder body and three piece quartersawn neck . 
    Hardware is tuners from Sperzel, bridge is a Gotoh 510 narrow spaced tremolo with a steel block and an Earvana nut aids the tuning. All access neck joint with machine thread screws into brass inserts in the neck

Feline Tabby Special - Mary Kay Finish
    A twist on the classic bolt-on neck singlecut guitar in a transparent white over a swamp ash body.
    All access neck joint with machine thread screws into brass inserts in the neck
    Gotoh bridge with twitable saddles for good intonation and Gotoh height adjustable post tuners
    Bare Knuckle Yardbird pickups
    Electrosocket recessed jack socket cup with a switchcraft jack socket

Both have Luminlay side dot markers - activate with a UV torch and they will glow for an hour or more - great for dark stages, and All access neck joint with machine thread screws into brass inserts in the neck

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    More beautiful work. Strangely, before I joined The Fretboard I had not heard of Feline Guitars. I've told a few friends about your work, so hopefully the word is spreading.
    tFB Trader
    Here is another - this time an RG type superstrat

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

tFB Trader

We will have a new string gauge set available soon- one that we have been testing out and having good results with - it stands somewhere between the best-selling 10-46 and the popular 10-52 sets and is a slightly better balanced set (having the unwound strings from a set of 10s and the wound strings from a set of 11s. It is a good companion to our other hybrid set (Best of Both Worlds 9-46)

tFB Trader
    busy couple of days in the workshop... this is all we are building for next year at this point , so get in if you woul like to be on next years list.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    Just out of interest @FelineGuitars how long is the lead time for one of your guitars?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    tFB Trader
    Just out of interest @FelineGuitars how long is the lead time for one of your guitars?
    We usually quote about a year, especially as we do it in tandem with our repair work
    This allows for the guitar to be built and allow a little rest time between stages so the wood has a chance to settle and stabilise after each process 
    It also allows enough time to get it painted too and back , reassembled, rested and final set-up.
    It also means you can pay for it more easily over the course of it's build.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    We usually quote about a year, especially as we do it in tandem with our repair work
    This allows for the guitar to be built and allow a little rest time between stages so the wood has a chance to settle and stabilise after each process 
    It also allows enough time to get it painted too and back , reassembled, rested and final set-up.
    It also means you can pay for it more easily over the course of it's build.
    Sounds about right. Is each guitar priced individually ?
    tFB Trader
    yes every guitar is priced based on specs although there are pricing trends for similar models.

yes every guitar is priced based on specs although there are pricing trends for similar models.

Are base prices on your website? I think I'll be popping by to see you at the Birmingham guitar show next year :)
  • Could this be Three Lions on a Shirt?
     @FelineGuitars ;; you should sell t-shirts at next year's Guitar Show - some of your guitars laid out horizontally, with the caption,

"Felines on a shirt"
    Have you got those t-shirts done yet? ;)
    tFB Trader

Are base prices on your website? I think I'll be popping by to see you at the Birmingham guitar show next year :)
    Base prices start at £2400
    Archtops start at £2700
    Occasionally we do special runs like the DC Lion Cubs we did last year which were about £1800

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    Jon: serious question with my 50th birthday looming below the horizon in something over a year's lead time... 

Do you make/would you be prepared to make a body shape that's not on your 'regular' list?  I've a thing for offset types, and have some particular stuff in mind, and knowing *how* good your work is wondered whether my tentative plans might fly...

...still love love loving my Lion Cub DC btw :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    tFB Trader
    JerkMoans said:
    Jon: serious question with my 50th birthday looming below the horizon in something over a year's lead time... 

Do you make/would you be prepared to make a body shape that's not on your 'regular' list?  I've a thing for offset types, and have some particular stuff in mind, and knowing *how* good your work is wondered whether my tentative plans might fly...

...still love love loving my Lion Cub DC btw :D
    Sure - we used to do a lot but it was rarely asked for 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    Yum.  That top one is proper mental: a sort of Jaguar/Firebird/Derek Trucks SG/Strat input hybrid with, what?  Goldfoils?  Looks cool as, anyhoo :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer

Base prices start at £2400
    Archtops start at £2700
    Occasionally we do special runs like the DC Lion Cubs we did last year which were about £1800
    They seem quite reasonable prices. Less than I'm paying for my build. Maybe should've gone to you :(
    tFB Trader

Was a custom Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell with twin screw coil and a TV Jones Magnatron, and a Graphtech ghost piezo bridge with both acoustic sounds and MIDI output.

tFB Trader
    The Tabby Madcat is nearing completion

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998

Never seen this guitar from this angle before. Love the detail of how the contouring dresses away from the tailpiece