Home Studio speaker recommendations.

What's Hot
barrydbarryd Frets: 25
edited October 2018 in Studio & Recording
I am currently using a pair of Harmon/Kardon speakers that came with a Dell PC 15 years ago for recording my tracks at home in Audacity in my cobbled together home studio which currently consists of a half decent PC, four guitars (inc Bass), Couple of Mics for vocals, a Zoom G3 and an M Audio interface.

The speakers are ok but the issue I seem to find is that they dont handle the bass very well so when I eventually play the track on a decent sound system its often way too bass heavy.

I dont really want to spend a fortune if possible, just need something better that will plug straight into the back of the PC.  I notice there are a pair of Mackie CR3's for sale in the classifieds for sixty quid.  I think they are about £80 new.

Any recommendations?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've got the Mackie CR4's and for general play back they're very good. I don't mix or anything so if you're looking at doing that then maybe something like Presonus E8 or whatever its called seem to get good reviews, or KRK's but they cost a bit more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27585
    I have the Presonus Eris E8s for Helix use - they do also work nicely for music but are way over budget.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • barrydbarryd Frets: 25
    Thanks.  Main use will be for producing (mixing) in Audacity.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom