2018 Running Thread

What's Hot
1101112131416»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    joneve said:
    Yep, good work! I'm still (just about) on track for 500m/800km this year, but had a week off this week as fell down the stairs carrying my 10 month old and obviously sacrificed myself to make sure he was unharmed as much as possible! So have had a sore neck and back all week. it's feeling more normal now so may try a run tonight, if not get back on it sunday/monday. 

Ouch. Get well soon fella!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    joneve said:
    Yep, good work! I'm still (just about) on track for 500m/800km this year, but had a week off this week as fell down the stairs carrying my 10 month old and obviously sacrificed myself to make sure he was unharmed as much as possible! So have had a sore neck and back all week. it's feeling more normal now so may try a run tonight, if not get back on it sunday/monday. 
    Blimey!! Take it easy and hope baby is ok.
    tFB Trader
    Great run today.

October is my favourite month for running.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I've been a bit sporadic. 2 runs last week, missed Parkrun to go on a small demo in London. :)

But this week I have already run twice.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1467
    I'm 2 miles off 300 for the year, which is a lot less than I hoped I'd be at by October. 

back running after falling down the stairs last week - I need to rack up 25 miles this week to keep on track for 500 for the year...we'll see how that goes! 
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    1250kms as of today (yearly total so far). Still enjoying the pain since the disaster that was the GSR so just doing a 5k every second day and seeing how it goes.

Was hoping for 1500 for the year but looks a way off/ a bit ambitious. 

Hey ho.

H

www.proudhoney.com

I'm a bit down on miles compared to where I was hoping to be but will probably still hit goal of 2018 miles in 2018. I'm at 1535 miles so far so under 500 to go in 2 months. Will be close but I don't have any big races in that time so can get the miles in. The problem with the big races is that you have to taper before so lose mileage and then the recovery after takes a couple of weeks again losing mileage. For example last week did 12 miles compared to normal range  of 60-70. All good.

:)
    A race period (5 weeks) will be something like
    30,8,100(race),6,20 = 164

Compared to regular training being something like
    60, 70,45, 60, 70 = 305

So twice the mileage when not racing. I've done 4 of these this year so effectively 20 weeks out of training. That's almost 5 months!

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    So-so parkrun on Saturday, couldn't run all the way home. However this morning I was up early so I went for a slightly longer run than usual, 8 miles.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    had bad stomach cramps all weekend so haven't been able to get out :( 
    Weekend was busy. Did a 9 miler with the group I'm coaching (they have a 10 miler in 2 weeks). Legs still feeling dead from my race. Then 2 hours later I had to do a club cross country event racing against local running clubs but mostly athletics clubs. Lots of very fit guys only doing 10kms and lots of elevation. Legs don't cope well soon after a race with elevation. Struggled on this but did claim points for my club and we came 5th out of 13 for the first round. Was also our first effort into cross country as a club and I organised plus did all the scoring at the end for both ladies and mens teams. Pleased with that.

Sunday I marshalled a local 30 mile ultra marathon at points 10 and 20 miles. Manning the aid station with drinks and food. Had a few tearful ladies on the 20 mile point that I helped out with drinks and some talk. A few blokes who weren;t sure if they could make it until I told them the maths and pointed out they could. I managed to get to the finish before many came in and saw some of those runners make it. Had a few hugs and handshakes at the end. So glad to have helped them on their journey.

Good weekend for running :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thread seems to have died a death since the short days and miserable weather kicked in! 

Anyone else still running? I had about 4 weeks off due to illness, which is annoying as there's no way I'll hit 500 miles for the year now, but back 2-3 times a week now and been lucky with the weather when I've been going out first thing. Just trying to maintain some fitness before IM training plan starts the first week of feb after a week's blow out skiing! 

Bought some replacement running shoes for the new year (technically a christmas present from the in-laws) in the Asics outlet sale yesterday. Upgrades to my current GT1000, which now have nearly 400 miles in them...so I'll try and eeek the current ones out as long as possible to see me through winter hopefully. 

Should hopefully hit 400+ miles for the year, which isn't bad considering the setbacks and not starting running til end of march. 
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Still running. Trying for twice a week, sometimes three times. Generally 5 or 6km each time. It is tougher at this time of year, but I have a treadmill for when it is freezing outside.
    tFB Trader
    Trying to hit my 1200k target for the year. Not too long to go now.
    good to see some are still running. I'm training atm for next race 1st Feb in cornwall so putting in the miles.

Managed to drag myself out this morning, rather than waterproofing up, with the dog...despite the pissing rain. Glad I did - another 5 miles in the bank. Hopefully get a 10km-ish in over the weekend when up at the in-laws. 
    tFB Trader
    mcsdan said:
    good to see some are still running. I'm training atm for next race 1st Feb in cornwall so putting in the miles.

Yeah I'm still at it.

I just don't get on the forum all that much these days to update the thread.