Cheap bass - Harley Benton or Squier?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72248
    And unlike guitar - well, actually like guitar, but not how it’s usually done nowadays - you really do only need one bass. Just find the right one and you can play anything on it.

(Ok, you can make an exception if you want a fretless as well.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    ICBM said:
    you really do only need one bass. Just find the right one and you can play anything on it.
    By any chance, does the brand name of The Right One begin and end with the letter R? ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72248
    Funkfingers said:

By any chance, does the brand name of The Right One begin and end with the letter R? ;)
    Not necessarily ;). The Right One depends on who you are...

For me as I was before, yes. For others, other basses are available :).

For me as I am now a borrowed Mustang Bass is doing perfectly well. If I can never play the Rick again it wouldn't be the end of the world, although I'm still hoping I will be able to - I can just about when sitting down, but not for any length of time and it's very difficult on a strap. Still, that's a lot better than six weeks ago.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein