iPad interface recommendations?

Whats good these days? 
Been using a Line 6 SonicPort, but it has an annoying habit lately of clicking and dropping out. So what’s a decent interface for getting stuff down?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    I don't know if they still make a model that's compatible with the latest iPads, not kept up with Apple's range, but I really rated the Alesis IO dock. It's nothing really flashy in terms of its spec but two line/ mic preamp ins, stereo and headphone outs with hardware volume knobs, midi in/out and a case that does a job of protecting the iPad and charging it at the same time made it feel like a really handy piece of kit.

Of course, any usb class compliant interface will do so the sky's the limit right up to top of the range studio quality kit, but just for composing etc the Alesis was perfect for me.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    daveyh said:
    Whats good these days? 
    Been using a Line 6 SonicPort, but it has an annoying habit lately of clicking and dropping out. So what’s a decent interface for getting stuff down?
    Pretty much anything. My Steinberg UR22 MK2 works on PC and iPad (it's made by Yamaha so the components are good and it's inexpensive).

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9499
    The Focusrite dock is pretty good. I got mine in a studio pack (condenser mike, headphones and xlr cable - all cheap and cheerful but definitely usable) in some direct from their website deal which I think was £100. Bargain.
  • I like my Presonus iOne. It's much better quality than the M-Audio jam lab I used to use with my PC.
  • And, three years on, I'm still happy with my PreSonus iTwo. MacOS or iOS, and with added 5pin MIDI, too.