NGD - Larrivée OM-03w - Peruvian Walnut

What's Hot
Having moved on my J-29 I had decided to wait for a used OM to appear. Fortunately I did not have to wait long as a fantastic Larrivée OM-03 came in at Coda Music. 

Had to travel there on Saturday and knew straight away it was for me. Made in 2013 it has a Sitka top with Peruvian walnut back and sides. Satin finish, maple binding - it’s a beaut! 

The walnut sounds great and suits my playing, which is mainly in DADGAD, really well. Amazes me that Larrivée produce their guitars for the price they do. This was just under £900 used!

Pics via the link below :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m63z6nvcd2v6aph/AAAR3_BRj-vg5Iny6Kt79uGea?dl=0

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    That looks very, very nice....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
    Happy NGD. I love my Larrivée Parlour, they're great instruments. Good catch! 
  • jrc2806jrc2806 Frets: 64
    Thanks - I just wish it had not taken me a decade or so to realise I needed an OM in my life
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    yeah jrc, they make good instruments, been impressed with a couple I've played one Sloped Dread 12 freter was excellent - if I'd needed a guit that would have been it.
    he walnut in nicely between real mahogany and the lighter rosewoods (e.g. indian) in density 'n texture - best of both worlds.
    happy pickin.
  • Love it... Love OM's and love Larrivee's.
  • Have had my OM09 since 1999; now have mainly small builds but that Larrivee is going nowhere; great guitars
  • enjoenjo Frets: 250
    HNGD! I love my OM-03M, it was a revelation in what a good acoustic should sound like when I first bought it home.

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    Never heard of Peruvian walnut! It doesn't look much like standard walnut... in fact I'd not have suspected it was an unconventional wood from the way it looks.

I have an OM-3 from a while back which is my main acoustic and it's great.
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    edited October 2018
    Stuck, I meant to put this is my post above - it has been used by 'adventurist' individual luthiers as a  quality alternative -
    the fancy stuff

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9498
    Is that the Barry Gibb signature model?

Lovely guitar from the OP btw - I was tempted by a similar dread in the same wood, I think the Peruvian Walnut ones were a limited edition. These days OMs appeal to me more, so that one looks lush.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom