Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• Rowby1 said:
    ... and Far Away Cows. 

Great name. I assume that's a Father Ted reference. But you've got a long way to go before you get big.

It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1260
    Rowby1 said:
    ... and Far Away Cows. 

Great name. I assume that's a Father Ted reference. But you've got a long way to go before you get big.

Yes, you’ve got it. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8592
    Urban Legends are at The Paddock in Breadsall near Derby this evening. Usual 9 o’clock start. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1260
    Roland said:
    Urban Legends are at The Paddock in Breadsall near Derby this evening. Usual 9 o’clock start. 
    Oh, not far from me. Might pop down for a bit.
  • Rowby1 said:
    Roland said:
    Oh, not far from me. Might pop down for a bit.
    Me too. 
    Bloody hell. This will be the first time anyone from the forum has come to one of our gigs. 
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    Roland said:
    Bloody hell. This will be the first time anyone from the forum has come to one of our gigs. 
    Under pressure (insert your own bassline here).......... ;)

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    Talk about pressure. Not one of my happiest gigs. The sax player didn’t turn up until 20 minutes before we were due to play. All the mains and PA cables were in his car. When we eventually got power to it the lighting controller refused to work. Then my iPad crashed every time I tried to set tempo. One of the bass player’s tuners started slipping mid song. My IEM wireless stopped working half way through. In the break a drunk tried to grab one of the guitars, and got violent when we stopped him. All in all I was pleased at the way the band coped with these minor irritations.
  • Roland said:
    Talk about pressure. Not one of my happiest gigs. The sax player didn’t turn up until 20 minutes before we were due to play. All the mains and PA cables were in his car. When we eventually got power to it the lighting controller refused to work. Then my iPad crashed every time I tried to set tempo. One of the bass player’s tuners started slipping mid song. My IEM wireless stopped working half way through. In the break a drunk tried to grab one of the guitars, and got violent when we stopped him. All in all I was pleased at the way the band coped with these minor irritations.
    An interesting bunch of punters in there, for sure. But you rose above it all and put on a cracking show.  ;)

My turn tonight. First show with the new wireless digital mixer and my laptop decided to turn its toes up last night. I can probably manage with a tablet, but I might have to dig out a spare for peace of mind. It's all part of the fun.  :)

Jasper Rocks @ The Chequers, Breaston (Derby) 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    Bit late but we played R&R Sports Bar in Chellaston, Derby last night. Great night with some really super people there... and also some incredibly drunk people too adding to the atmosphere. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Early gig today at The Highway Man's Haunt, Chudleigh. I think we start sometime around 3.30pm.

It's not a competition.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    The Supernatural are at The Exonian on Fore Street, Exeter from 9:30 tonight.
  • The Royal Oak, Dolton, Devon. Apparently there's a carnival, there's only one way in and that will be closed at 6pm. Should be interesting.
    It's not a competition.
  • vonLayzonfonvonLayzonfon Frets: 108
    edited November 2018
    The Royal Oak, Dolton, Devon. Apparently there's a carnival, there's only one way in and that will be closed at 6pm. Should be interesting.
    They haven't built a large wooden man in a field just outside the village, have they?
    Happy Samhain! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Royal Oak, Dolton, Devon. Apparently there's a carnival, there's only one way in and that will be closed at 6pm. Should be interesting.
    They haven't built a large wooden man in a field just outside the village, have they?
    Happy Samhain! 
    It's certainly isolated and in the middle of nowhere. I haven't spotted a Wicker Man yet.

Since I moved to Devon, the gig venues are a lot different to West London.
    It's not a competition.
  • Sitting in a field in Bradford on Avon waiting for Fireworks to start then de rig and pub by 930 !
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Friction at the Railway Thetford for a rocking night 
  • Sitting in a field in Bradford on Avon waiting for Fireworks to start then de rig and pub by 930 !
    Wrong pub at 830 ! Result!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • A bit late but we played at the Branston Arms in Burton on Trent tonight.. very sparsely attended but still enjoyable. 

We've got a couple of weeks off now so can hopefully get some new stuff ready to play. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
    We're at the Brewery Tap in Idle near Bradford tonight. Looks like it might be a wet and windy drive out to this one!