Cover Challenge #2 - Voting Thread

What's Hot
This is the voting thread for the Cover Challenge #2

All the amazing entries can be found in the playlist:

All that is required is to pick your top three and post them in the thread below. 

Points are awarded as follows - 5 points for first place, 3 points for second place and 1 point for third place.

Entrants obviously aren't allowed to vote for themselves. Voting closes at 11.30pm on Wednesday 7th November
In the event of a tie for first place @TTony will be our head judge and have the casting vote. 

The entry with the most points gets to pick the next song to be covered. 

ALL ENTRANTS PLEASE HAVE YOUR IDEAS READY FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE. YOU WILL HAVE ONLY 48HRS AFTER VOTING CLOSES TO MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR SONG CHOICE. IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO THEN I'LL END UP CHOOSING IT FOR YOU! 

Good luck 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• On my PC I can only see one entry.

It's not a competition.
  • Strange. The link opens the full playlist on my android phone
  • It's not a competition.
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    edited November 2018
    These are great again guys, very hard to pick one over the other there's something brilliant about each and every one ... my highly scientific points system had the top three tied, which was annoying ... but rules are rules so I've ended up with:

5 points : @IMC1980
    3 points : @flying_pie
    1 points : @Lev ;

As I said though really close.  @bellycaster the vocals sounded ace.  @stratman3142 loved the Halenesque solo. @poopot well, we're both a bit wrong aren't we?  @sticker loved the Ennio Morricone vibe, nailed it!

What I have learnt from this is, I'm going to stick in my comfort zone next time.  It's too much hassle mic'ing up banjos, mandolins, guitars ... and me ... and I should stop singing ...   Learning experiences are important yes?
  • Excellent work all round again. I'm loving hearing how differently we approach the task (fully accepting the irony that three versions are similar).

My points are influenced by personal music taste, comedic value and total commitment to sing the "wild man" lyric instead of an unnecessary gender change (Lev and @Bezzer )

5 points @IMC1980 ;- top work once more. Absolutely love the drums, the energy and the overall vibe
    3 points @poopot ;- if you're going redneck country then best to go full balls deep Deliverance, you sick MF
    1 point @stratman3142 ;- great rock vibe and awesome solo. I'm assuming your instrumental was gender appropriate or I'll have to choose a different track...

Kudos to @Lev and @bingefeller for awesome solos too. Hope your voice is back for the next one @sticker
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    You know what?  I didn't even realise I'd done it!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    Bezzer said:
    You know what?  I didn't even realise I'd done it!
    Me neither
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Oh ffs... I really don't want to vote in this... its too bloody hard to choose. Excellent entries all around again... but...

5 points @flying_pie - Love ROTM and this did it for me
    3 points @stratman3142  - EVH all over - brill.
    1 Point @Lev - ffs, you have managed to outsleaze the slippyfists with this...

Again, top work all around... cant wait for the next one.

• All great entries. Hard to choose but I'm going for

5 points @poopot : Very creative and witty. Great arrangement/recording of acoustic country instrument sounds. A very different style, whilst still staying fairly true to the original. 
    3 points @IMC1980 : Rocking and loads of energy.
    1 points @flying_pie : Love this as a piece of music in ROTM style. It just stretched things a bit too far from the original for me.

It's not a competition.
    Great job everybody. I love the diversity of interpretations which also makes it very difficult to choose.

5 points: @IMC1980 - just amazing production, every instrument and the vocals sound great in their own right. As flying_pie mentioned above the drums are amazing.
    3 points: @Bellycaster - kudos for sticking faithfully to the original instrumentation - great job on the bass. Having a female vocal also makes the track standout a little from the others.
    1 point: @flying_pie - was really enjoying the originality of this and then that Tom Morello  solo kicked in and it had to be in my top three.
    Bezzer said:
     ... and I should stop singing ...   Learning experiences are important yes? 
    nonsense - your singing fitted the feel of your track perfectly. 
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 141
    edited November 2018
    As everyone else has said, it is tough to pick out a top three and it had changed several times over the past few days for me, due to all of them having unique qualities and being stellar efforts overall. So:

5 points @flying_pie - the creative thinking and genre smashing on display here is incredible. Absolutely nailed the Rage vibe and your whammy solo was pure Morello. Great job!

3 points @stratman3142 - that solo man, if you had some 80s vocals to match, it would have been a tough call on 1st place for me.

1 point @Lev - this was a skulking sleazy groove, tasty mix and some nice chops on the solo.

Special mention for the country boys, @poopot's piggy fiddling and @Bezzer's Back To The Future 3 violins. 

Amazing work everyone!
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Ok , really difficult picking just a top 3 again really great stuff in every track. 

So so with that said ... 5 points to @Bellycaster , loved the bass ! 
    3 points to @stratman3142 great solo and energy .
    1 point to @Lev , nice 70’s Stones type vibe to it . 

Special mention to my country cousins @poopot and @Bezzer and also @IMC1980 whose productions always sound so professional .

well done guys (and gals) 

looking forward to to the next one already! 
  • Great efforts all round here and I've a lot to learn with production it seems, haha.

5 Points @Lev - Brilliant style shift on this, reminds me somehow of how an early 10cc might have sounded doing it, but with EVH doing the Solo.

3 Points @IMC1980 - Awesome energy in this one and those Drums and that solo, wow, all the production was wonderful fantastic, Lev just pipped you due to my taste in styles.

1 Point @stratman3142 - Great Chugging High Octane feel and nice phrasing for the vocal parts, tip top solo as usual too.

Great Country takes on the track too by @poopot @Bezzer and @sticker , loved the Twang-fest on yours, Sticker.

I also appreciated the effort put into your arranegment of it @flying_pie ,quite Proto-Punk, solo fitted perfectly too.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Reminder that voting closes at 11.30 tonight
  • Voting closed