Oil City: New pickups new look

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10255
edited November 2018 in Made in the UK tFB Trader
I'll shortly be offering my Valtone-Pro and new 'AG-Pro' Goldfoil style in HB size ... for those who are a bit more adventurous in guitar tones ... and pickup looks. 

They'll be available with black, nickel, bare nickel and gold trim ring options, and probably with several 'grill colour' options too.
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks great, are these single coils? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10255
    tFB Trader
    Looks great, are these single coils? 
    Yep ... The Vel-Tone Pro is a HB sized version of the Valco single coil lap steel pickup ... and the AG is a Gold Foil type single coil. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    I have 2 sets of your pickups, and I like gold foils - so these may well be part of my future!

Completely inconsequential comment, but - do you think it would look better with the grille rotated by 45˚ to create a more 'diamond' look?
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10255
    edited November 2018 tFB Trader
    DannyP said:
    I have 2 sets of your pickups, and I like gold foils - so these may well be part of my future!

Completely inconsequential comment, but - do you think it would look better with the grille rotated by 45˚ to create a more 'diamond' look?
    I may well try rotating the grills ... mind you ... they will use way more grill material that way.

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    edited November 2018
    I love the look of that. Be very interested to hear it.
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    DannyP said:

I may well try rotating the grills ... mind you ... they will use way more grill material that way.
    Yeah, it does (note discarded Ferrero Roche-wrapper prototype option!)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You need to get some video demos up @TheGuitarWeasel ? I'm still gagging to hear the pickups I bought off you a few months ago when they go into my guitar build. Gonna be Xmas pickup at least I heard recently :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/