Piezo -> Impulse Response demo

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
For anyone not familiar with how effective running a piezo signal through an Impulse Response is - I stumbled across this video just now. 

The end result may not be your perfect sound, but the opening without/with demo shows how much of an effect it has (as ever, sounds best with headphones/monitors)

Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    guy is permanently picking in Bluegrass territory - viz back edge of s/hole and toward the bridge - not representative of poss sounds available - so cant really tell.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    If you can't hear a difference then I can't help you! 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    help !,  they sound like (to varying degrees) like an electro acoustic (played behind the s/hole)  - some people think THATS the sound of an acoustic guitar and are presently surprised when they hear a 'good' acoustic played au naturel.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8693
    The IR makes it sound more like a guitar, particularly when listening through headphones. It takes out the piezoks clacky upper mid range, and adds some warmth. However I can hear metallic ringing in the 2.5 to 3.5KHz area. Something that you’d need a narrow band EQ to take out. I don’t hear that in the piezo sound, and wonder whether it comes from the IR
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Yep I don't think it's a great end sound, but the change is marked and I thought folk who'd not used an IR might find it interesting 
    Red ones are better. 
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    TimmyO said:
    Yep I don't think it's a great end sound, but the change is marked and I thought folk who'd not used an IR might find it interesting 
    I hadn't thought to use an IR live with an acoustic...   This now makes the Mooer Radar one of my next purchases!!
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2411
    Works well. How much latency does it add?
    Zero (in any observable way) in the devices I've seen them Used in 
    Red ones are better. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31523
    AliGorie said:
    TimmyO said:
    help !,  they sound like (to varying degrees) like an electro acoustic (played behind the s/hole)  - some people think THATS the sound of an acoustic guitar and are presently surprised when they hear a 'good' acoustic played au naturel.

They wouldn't hear an "au natural" acoustic at all in any of my gigs, this is just another avenue to explore in trying to get a usable live guitar sound. 

If that's not something you need then this thread is not really aimed at you.

p90fool said:

If that's not something you need then this thread is not really aimed at you.

yeah p90, I appreciate that, don't do gigging now due to illness but when I did, I solved the problem with a Fishy Rare Earth Blend - did the job and gave me a certain amount of 'acoustic' sound from the internal mic.
    For big or loud venues I'd throw a TC Electronics Para EQ in line to notch out the feedback point (192 Hz on MY Lowden /read sensitive) but no such specific issues with my Bourgie JOM.