Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Most Underrated Albums

What's Hot

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    4 Non Blondes - Bigger, Better, Faster, More! I think is a great album and definitely underrated imho.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12254
    I thought second coming was okay when it came out as a massive fan of made of stone. Over the years I've grown to appreciate it as a great album by a band that had evolved. 

The las although everyone I know likes it joe public just remembers there she goes. Lots of great songs. 

First Radiohead rarely gets mentioned following the greatness of the bends and ok computer. Lurgee, vegetable, anyone can play guitar another great album. 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2958
    The Damned - Strawberries

A great band, still going strong after 40 years and underrated for sure with this album perhaps their most underrated. All these songs I know off by heart, as I've been listening and singing along to them since the early 80's.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    Some Cities - Doves

www.proudhoney.com

• In it for the money - Supergrass
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Land of the Freaks by Freak Kitchen.

These guys are incredible- they take time signatures more commonly seen in Indian raga and apply it to hardrock/metal.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Metallica -Load 
    completley panned by critics when it came out, probably still is, because it wasn’t heavy or fast enough and they had all had haircuts. Tracks like Bleeding Me and Outlaw Torn are fucking tremendous though, Hetfields riff towards the end of Outlaw is one of my favourites.

oh and Second Coming i have loved since the first time I heard Breaking into Heaven and Ten Storey Love Song.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    On of my fave ever rock albums is Little Angels - Young Gods. Terrible band name, terrible album title but it's full of killer songs.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:
    Stone Roses: Second Coming

That was exactly what I was going to post, it's a fantastic album and often overlooked.
  • Axe Victim - Be Bop Deluxe 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • From the Lion's Mouth - The Sound
    Strange Times - The Chameleons
    The Small Price of a Bicycle - The Icicle Works
  • For me, it's a band called Ignite. I don't actually know anyone who knows or likes them. I think the guitar work and hooks are incredible. And once you adjust the amazing range the vocalist has, he is fantastic too.

Fairly political but can't really argue with the sentiment .
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5594
    Dada - Puzzle.  I don't even know if they made any other albums but this one was a cracker, Dorina and Mary Sunshine Rain are standout songs but the rest of the album is very, very good too.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    In it for the money - Supergrass
    Great album and band, holds a special place in my heart as it was on my car cd player when coming home from seeing my beautiful daughter being born.... i digress.... 
  • Catherine Wheel - Chrome

Filter - The Amalgamut

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    On The Boards - Taste. I don't think Rory made a better album and it just snorts from start to finish.

All Right All Night - Motel Kings. A very underrated band. The fact that I'm in the audience for some bits of it is pure coincidence.

Led Zeppelin. People tend to gravitate towards Physical Graffiti or the fourth album, but this is my favourite. The opening to Good Times Bad Times still turns my head around.
  • The Cult - Love.  Still sounds epic to me after all these years.  They developed something uniquely their own then just chucked it away to go all AC/DC and make millions touring the world as rock gods.  Shameful :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8774
    clarkefan said:
    The Cult - Love.  Still sounds epic to me after all these years.  They developed something uniquely their own then just chucked it away to go all AC/DC and make millions touring the world as rock gods.  Shameful :)
    Wiz'd for an Heroic choice.

She Sells Sanctuary: soundtrack to every Stereo War of my otherwise unremarkable uni career.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 2958
    stuagu said:
    In it for the money - Supergrass
    Great album and band, holds a special place in my heart as it was on my car cd player when coming home from seeing my beautiful daughter being born.... i digress.... 
    Yep, my daughter was born on a Sunday and therefore two number one singles on the day of her birth, Kylie Minogue - Spinning Around (yellow hot pants one) and later that day Black Legend - You See The Trouble With Me (sample of a Barry White hit). Funny how they stick in the mind. I think it was because my daughter was born in the morning and I was driving back to the hospital in the evening for visiting when the charts were on.