Sir David is back...... Dynasties

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2602
in Off Topic tFB Trader

You just know its going to be great.... 

Theres a write up here ....  Sir David Attenborough series Dynasties tackles nature's 'lack of space'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46016783

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    Bum.. I thought was going to be a David Bowie thread. :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Nature programmes are just amazing these days. They have always been good but the photography and research are off the scale now. Must watch TV!
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    I was so excited for a nano second....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader
    Bunch of bloody heathens :) ....   David Attenborough and the BBC make THE best TV going..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • In 4K on iPlayer apparently. Which is nice.

• fftcfftc Frets: 559
    equalsql said:
    Bum.. I thought was going to be a David Bowie thread. :)
    I was thinking David Icke.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Last for the BBC .. Attenborough has quit the BBC for Netflix. New series coming.

I don't watch the BBC any more .. time to ditch the licence fee and make the BBC subscription-based.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Too many nature programmes these days turn into conservation lectures. Not that I don't support that fully, but find it too depressing to watch.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    martinw said:
    Too many nature programmes these days turn into conservation lectures. Not that I don't support that fully, but find it too depressing to watch.
    Me too, I must admit to finding David Attenborough incredible tedious. 

His popularity is probably doing a lot of good for the planet, but I've always found him earnest and humourless, but at the same time lacking in detail or depth. 

Softy voice, pretty pictures. I have better things to do.  
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    p90fool said:
    martinw said:

His popularity is probably doing a lot of good for the planet, but I've always found him earnest and humourless, but at the same time lacking in detail or depth. 

I’ve heard he really likes you.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    PC_Dave said:
    p90fool said:
    martinw said:

I’ve heard he really likes you.
    He probably commentates breathily on my sex life.

Well it sounds like him, anyway. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    martinw said:
    That's because there is a crisis in almost every natural environment now - there's no way of avoiding mentioning it, and it would be wrong to do so.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    martinw said:
    That's because there is a crisis in almost every natural environment now - there's no way of avoiding mentioning it, and it would be wrong to do so.
    Agree, and I don't think the BBC, and other media in general, do anywhere near enough actually, compared with all the other "who in their right mind gives a shit" depressing news items they shove down out throats and other bollocks they brainwash people with as being important.

However, Britain is already one of the most (if not the most) compassionate countries there is. It is places like China that really need to get their shit together, but even the US could do a lot more, like a complete ban on ivory, instead of having wishy washy laws that people can still exploit.

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    edited November 2018
    Is it filled with more CGI, animals filmed in zoos and artificial sound effects being palmed off as nature?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    martinw said:
    I know that, thanks for condescending. ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    martinw said:

I know that, thanks for condescending. ;)
    In what way?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Is it filled with more CGI, animals filmed in zoos and artificial sound effects being palmed off as nature?
    No,that's next year's Love Island. 

• Is it filled with more CGI, animals filmed in zoos and artificial sound effects being palmed off as nature?
    No,that's next year's Love Island. 
    Is Sir David narrating or starring?