Bartel Amplifiers

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2801
    This demonstrates to me why they're priced the way they are.  He really gets into his stride talking about the design of the cabinet round about 5 mins in.  The whole build is his own work.  Sound awesome but he's always been brilliant in that Blackface territory.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    good demo video

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    I don't know how you guys can tell by listening to videos such as these if an amp sounds great or not. The only way for me to get an idea  is to actually play one in the flesh and kind of feel it. Or is it just me?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah I am the same the demo doesn't do it justice but is the best of hardly any so far
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3816
    I don't know how you guys can tell by listening to videos such as these if an amp sounds great or not. The only way for me to get an idea  is to actually play one in the flesh and kind of feel it. Or is it just me?
    Of course everybody is like this. But clips are better than no clips when it comes to sussing out the ballpark of gear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Lebarque said:
    Of course everybody is like this. But clips are better than no clips when it comes to sussing out the ballpark of gear.
    I think that's right and I also think it might make a difference if you're familiar with the builder/brand or whatever - so I use an Imperial and can appreciate the sounds in the clips from that perspective, but maybe it's just all in my head?  I mainly posted the clip to demonstrate his attention to detail and his thinking behind the designs etc.  I still think they sound good though particularly as he's in a big hall without a lot of effort to "showcase" the sounds with studios and equipment etc. 
    @dangriffiths @mgaw have you ever played the Metropolitan?  Wondering how these compare (I know it didn't have a tremolo).
  • I haven't only tried Royalist, Falcon Grande and owned an Imperial MKII.  I think his new ones can cop all of those pretty well
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    @thebreeze never  had a toneking amp prior to this one..
  • PinstripePhilPinstripePhil Frets: 98
    edited October 2018
    I was lucky enough to get the Sugarland from Coda a week or so ago. It has done three gigs since then. Sounds great and I can turn it up as it rates at only 12w. Also it is very portable.
    No need for pedals with the Sugarland. Just plug in and go. So nice to have an amp I can get a tone from without needing reverb to dress it up. A keeper for sure. 1  :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    I was lucky enough to get the Sugarland from Coda a week or so ago. It has done three gigs since then. Sounds great and I can turn it up as it rates at only 12w. Also it is very portable.
    No need for pedals with the Sugarland. Just plug in and go. So nice to have an amp I can get a tone from without needing reverb to dress it up. A keeper for sure. 1  :-)
    I expect your Chauffeur is also grateful at the ease in which he can load your gear for you now too...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    @PinstripePhil ;So soundwise, what would you compare it to? A princeton? Are you in Slough btw? I'm in Bourne End FWIW.
  • PinstripePhilPinstripePhil Frets: 98
    edited October 2018
    @57Deluxe ; Chauffeur - lol.  Good one!!

Soundwise? @Winny_Pooh. That is a really interesting question.  It is like so many things.  Certainly not like a small amp sound (Deluxe etc).  Much bigger than that.  The Bartel Premiere Guitar vid on Utube shows the settings on the big Roseland.  Mine sounds exactly like that except I can run the master pretty full up at a gig.

Some idea of the sounds.  With an EC strat, if I run the vol and tones at 12 OClock I get dead on EC modern live tone.  Very similar to my old NP Twins but without the stupid volume levels to cope with (hence why they are my 'old' Twins- lol).

My preferred tone is with a Les Paul.  Set the Vol to 7, the Treble to 3 and the Bass full off.  From that I can get any tone I want from 40s Jump Blues to Allman Bros to Cream.  No pedals required.  Les Paul Settings for those tones are interesting:

General LP set up with my preferred amps settings: is both tones on full.  Treb pup on 8.  I start on the neck pickup.  Amp is projecting comfortably above a rock band with medium loud drums and clean with vol on 2.  Vol on 3 is a crunch tone.  Vol on 4 is the start of the lead colour tones.  8 is max before the amp is going crazy.  Treb pickup on 8 is cutting like hell.  If I roll either tone full off I can then increase either pick up volume to 10 and get a Woman Tone that cuts through.

For those Jump Blues moments: LP Neck or Bridge Pickup tone backed off half way with vol on 3-6.

Now, from about neck vol on 6 and tone on 10 I can get infinite feedback with very little effort.

The amp is killer.  No doubt the more expensive Roseland sounds even better, but I do not know of a gig where I could use that much volume - considering mine is just '12w'.

One thing.  If the Master Vol is below 3/4 up it is the usual story.  The amp sound pretty ordinary and quickly looses it's mojo.  Master has to be up.

Hope that is all helpful.  :-) 1 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16079
    57Deluxe said:
    I expect your Chauffeur is also grateful at the ease in which he can load your gear for you now too...
    Only the Nouveau Riche have a chauffeur ..............Old money still calls them a Footman 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • do they do a left handed version????
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    You guys still happy with your bartels?