SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

ALL SOLD: Random home office clearout items

SnagsSnags Frets: 5327
edited January 2019 in Misc £
iMac
Rather embarrassingly, I can't remember the specification, but it's not high by modern standards.

think it's a Core i3, 2GB RAM and a 320GB HDD but I could be wrong (might be a Core2Duo, and might be 4GB).  Again, I think it's from around 2009 (black back).

It is a model where the RAM can be upgraded if you can find the right SODIMMs, although unless you have any lying around they're disproportionately expensive as it won't take current units. I should have noted all this before wiping the drive; didn't realise it wouldn't reinstall the OS from the recovery partition, but would want an Apple ID to reinstall, which rather defeats the point of wiping the drive if I then tie it back to myself ...

Works absolutely fine, albeit patience is required.  Was running El Capitan prior to disk format this weekend.

If you want it but have trust issues, I'll set up a disposable Apple ID to get the OS back on, or you can come and have a coffee here whilst it installs against your Apple ID.

£50 - Collection from Hertford or meet up by mutual convenience, really - not feasible to ship it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5327
    edited October 2018
    Tiny indoor-use radio controlled helicopters.  You can fly both at once, as the controllers support up to three channels.

Working when last used (approx. 3 years ago) since when they've just sat on the shelf.

Very, very light, but would prefer not to post as they could be easily damaged in transit (also, postal cost likely to be more than I'm asking!)

£5 collected (Hertford) or meet up somewhere convenient.

edited November 2018
    NOW SOLD: Netgear MP101 media player

Early example of a media streamer.  Works just fine, but is now old tech.

Wired and wireless connectivity to network, but the wireless only supports unsecured and WEP networks, not WPA/WPA2 so really in the modern world, wired only.

Outputs to either headphones (3.5mm) or line out phono L/R.

Comes with PSU and remote.  Needs to be paired with a compatible media server that stores all of your music/whatever - the Netgear one is still available for download from their support site, and it used to work with Twonky and similar,

£15

Bump to say "Buy my old crap".  Hell, just take my old crap off my hands - treat the prices as an opportunity to make me an insulting offer.