Sheffielders

What's Hot
Who is is the best guitar fettler to sort out an issue with my Tele switch/pickups? Im not getting a signal in the first and last positions on a 4 way switch and don't know if its the pickup, the 4way switch or the S2 switch......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    I'm not a Sheffielder, but it might be worth having a word with Pod at Richtone. The String Surgeon at Wakefield was also recommended by one of Richtone's customers, and has featured in the 'recommended techs' thread. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • As @DB1 says "String Surgeon" Shane Haigh is great but always mega busy. Jon Shuker, mega Bass Builder and very experienced Guitar Tech in Peak District seems able to squeeze people in too. It's 25 mins drive from Sheffield.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Dean at Bedford audio but I think he's away on tour with Sam Smith at the moment so it depends when you need it doing.

also there's a chap called Ozzy that sometimes does the repair works in Richtone.

pm me if you want their numbers.
  • Ozzy will sort you out if he is around. He has only just started doing work for Richtone but I’ve known him 30 years working on guitars. As above PM if you want any contact details. 
  • Cheers, have used Jon Shuker 18 odd years ago, was excellent but lost touch. I didnt think Richtone offered a proper workshop service, great hop but always think of them as a box shifter. Heard good things about Dean Bedford too but sounds like hes real busy! Really want some one central to drop off and not have too long a wait.

• Don’t think they used to. I know it’s only
    this year or so that Ozzy started doing work for them. Pod came over from Electro in Doncaster quite a few years ago now. 
  • Don’t think they used to. I know it’s only
    this year or so that Ozzy started doing work for them. Pod came over from Electro in Doncaster quite a few years ago now. 
    Ah thats where i recognise Pod from.........