Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

so much money are you pub bands getting then ?

What's Hot
D28boyD28boy Frets: 6
just seen that a local DJ got £1200 for an event...makes our £250 look sad ! Just wondered what other bands got paid
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    We'll play for 250 if we've nothing else on and it's within 10 miles, but usually it's 350-400 for pub gigs. 
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1258
    Minimum is £350 unless it’s because we’re doing someone a favour or it’s for charity....mate.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    D28boy said:
    just seen that a local DJ got £1200 for an event...makes our £250 look sad ! Just wondered what other bands got paid
    One of you brings in a few extra punters and sells a few dozen extra pints, the other brings in kids paying a cover plus escalating drinks prices.

Seems a bit disproportionate though.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • We play a yacht club for £230 every eight weeks, played a pub for £350 and a nightclub for £450.

Hoping to get yacht club dates for next year at £350/gig.
  • Anywhere from £350-£500 depending on the venue and distance travelled.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    One band I'm in have a minimum of £400 for a local pub gig, my main band have a minimum of £600 for pub gigs. 

There's plenty of local bands doing gigs for £250 to £300 though  as well  ...... you can however charge a lot more if you can give the venue a good bar take
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • From £250 - £350 for pubs. 

Absolete min is £200 (so £50 each) but only for ones with very little travelling. 

Absolete min is £200 (so £50 each) but only for ones with very little travelling. 
    Given it up now but same as this. We did the odd gig for money on the door but it was always rubbish - we earned little and the pub sold little beer. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 

Given it up now but same as this. We did the odd gig for money on the door but it was always rubbish - we earned little and the pub sold little beer. 
    Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully you'll be back out again soon.

We're on the same sort of fees but a bit more for some key gigs each year. We've had to build a mini following to do that at places though. We're currently doing a few new venues so we're back down at £250.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully you'll be back out again soon.

We're on the same sort of fees but a bit more for some key gigs each year. We've had to build a mini following to do that at places though. We're currently doing a few new venues so we're back down at £250.
    I miss the regular exercise most.

And fair to say we weren’t getting £350 straight out the gate, there were a few lesser gigs on the way. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    Our baseline is £300. There is one small pub we do for less, but we’ve been playing there for years and it’s steady business with no sales effort. My objective is to cover costs. If I wanted to make money from music then I wouldn’t be playing in a pub covers band.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Roland said:
    If I wanted to make money from music then I wouldn’t be playing in a pub covers band.
    Same here. To me it’s a hobby that just so happens to leave me with a few quid in my pocket at the end of the night, and I enjoy it.

There’s plenty of hobbies where you buy expensive kit and don’t get anything back (other than pleasure). 

I generally look at it that i’m being paid for lugging the stuff around, setting up, getting home late etc. The playing is the fun bit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    ... To me it’s a hobby that just so happens to leave me with a few quid in my pocket ... 
    I make sure that I don’t make a profit in any tax year by constantly investing in band equipment
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Roland said:
    Our baseline is £300.
    Jesus - how much to get the rest of you to join in?
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oop 'ere in Sheffield:

We will gig at a venue that provides P.A and Sound Engineer for £200 - £250 and they are good guys at the venues here.

We will insist on £250 - £300 for gigs where we bring P.A. Fee depends on distance and other factors..Local Pub etc.

We generally only do Pubs.

Sometimes they serve up Tapas as a treat :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Roland said:
    Our baseline is £300.
    Jesus - how much to get the rest of you to join in?
    We get paid on the proviso that I don't join in.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 850
    Swindon based 4 piece rock band. Min is £250 in a pub - we bring a few but don`t drag a big crowd along. Most local bands seem to get the same here.

• deloreandelorean Frets: 224
    Herts-based band here - minimum £350-400 for pub gigs.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    And Essex based funk/covers band and a Suffolk based country rock band, both getting the £300 mark irrespective of the night of the week and the number of musicians.
  • ESBlonde said:
    And Essex based funk/covers band and a Suffolk based country rock band, both getting the £300 mark irrespective of the night of the week and the number of musicians.
    you need to get up offa that ting....and get some more money