Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The dumbest thing I've read in ages!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Fretwired said:
    DefaultM said:
    Not read it but I assume he's taking the piss out of people who say they identify as whatever and expect everyone else to go along with it.

That's what it's about - he's a popular guru who is on TV and he's mocking the way the law in the Netherlands is being used to allow people to change their sex which can have serious ramifications, especially for women.
    Why are right wingers so scared of transexual people? With the number of issues that may threaten our planet and society, are social conservatives seriously convinced that the end of the world is going to be cause by people who wish to change gender?
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    I've got a strong feeling this is satire in the wake of Transtrenderism and people claiming they identify as a different race, although i dislike using the word race as it's not actually a thing as such.
  • I identified as a guitarist and joined the fretboard
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I identified as a guitarist and joined the fretboard
    Think there may be many others in this position :-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited November 2018
    Fretwired said:
    DefaultM said:
    Not read it but I assume he's taking the piss out of people who say they identify as whatever and expect everyone else to go along with it.

That's what it's about - he's a popular guru who is on TV and he's mocking the way the law in the Netherlands is being used to allow people to change their sex which can have serious ramifications, especially for women.
    Why are right wingers so scared of transexual people? With the number of issues that may threaten our planet and society, are social conservatives seriously convinced that the end of the world is going to be cause by people who wish to change gender?
    You are missing the point. Nothing wrong with transgender people. What feminists and women in general are worried about is a man deciding they want to transition to become a woman and then wanting to use facilities reserved for women. What's to stop a pervert doing this? There's already been a woman raped in a female only jail by a trans woman.

And what have right wingers got to do with this? Most objecting are actually from the left - they're feminists.

An example of the issue from a left-wing newspaper:

And here's left-wing academic Germaine Greer who has been accused of being transphobic because said that in her opinion, transgender women are "not women".

She also claims that "a great many women" who are not transgender think transgender women - who she refers to as "male to female transgender people" - do not "look like, sound like or behave like women".

Listen to her BBC interview:

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    You are missing the point. Nothing wrong with transgender people. What feminists and women in general are worried about is a man deciding they want to transition to become a woman and then wanting to use facilities reserved for women. What's to stop a pervert doing this? There's already been a woman raped in a female only jail by a trans woman.
    One case is one case too many, but there must be other ways of dealing with this other than demonising people who are already very vulnerable.

Fretwired said:

And what have right wingers got to do with this? 
    Sorry that's disingenuous. The outrage from the right is palpable and most of what I've seen on social media has been from the right, and that includes this board.

Fretwired said:
    Most objecting are actually from the left - they're feminists.

And most of their concerns aren't genuinely related to women's safety they are about female identity and their fundamental object to the notion of trans people.

Look, I accept there are issues and complications around this whole topic, and there are concerns that need to be addressed.

What really concerns me is that really vulnerable people are getting caught in the crossfire.

I've seen a huge amount of propaganda based around this topic which is meant to serve the agendas of political extremists, a huge amount of it coming from the Alt and Religious Right.

Why can't they just bugger off and let people alone to live their lives?

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Fretwired said:

And what have right wingers got to do with this? 
    Sorry that's disingenuous. The outrage from the right is palpable and most of what I've seen on social media has been from the right, and that includes this board.

Oh please. Got any first hand experience? One of my clients had a trans woman as Chair. It was a left-wing education pressure group  (it merged with another group and changed its name last year). The women on the board were as likely to vote Tory as Trump is to turn to communism. They were not happy and not willing to share their 'women only spaces' with her. It's an issue in the wider education system.

You have a right-wing Tory government backing trans rights - hence a trans woman was allowed into a women's prison. The right wing press are more fixated on Brexit, immigration and the rise of Islam. It's the left that has an issue over the rights of trans women in the UK, particularly feminist groups who've been accused of transphobia. There's no debate as it gets shut down by militant trans women.

Here's Jo Brand:

For balance here's Mogg .. hardly incendiary ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3003
    If you're a guitarist but really want to be a bassist, does that mean you're a TransFender?   =)

I'll get me coat.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What you’ve just stated about the education committee would support the point I made about feminism vs trans people.

If you can’t see that the alt and religious right has a problem with trans people I’m a bit gob smacked. North Carolina and the bathroom laws would be one example, although that was also a cover for a whole bunch of other issues.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6869
    edited November 2018
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:
    DefaultM said:

And what have right wingers got to do with this? Most objecting are actually from the left - they're feminists.

And here's left-wing academic Germaine Greer who has been accused of being transphobic because said that in her opinion, transgender women are "not women".

She also claims that "a great many women" who are not transgender think transgender women - who she refers to as "male to female transgender people" - do not "look like, sound like or behave like women".

Listen to her BBC interview:

Miss Greers clearly never been to Essex then.. 

Full of women who clearly arent female in the way they act..
    Full of men who... 

I'm just kidding.. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • Shrews said:
    If you're a guitarist but really want to be a bassist, does that mean you're a TransFender?   =)

I'll get me coat.
    Dunno, maybe a Fender Bender
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom