SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Tom Anderson hollow drop top classic £1800

What's Hot
damm73damm73 Frets: 356
edited November 2018 in Guitars £
I seem to have accrued a large amount of gear over the last 10 years that simply isn't being used. I've taken a decision to stop hoarding and sell off most of it. I know that goes against the grain of Fretboard life but I became a dad for the first time this year and so my priorities have shifted a great deal! 

First up for sale because I already have some recent pics is an Anderson HDTC in chili-red with maple neck. This was previously  listed on eBay for what seems to have been an unrealistic price.  

I haven't used it for quite some time (maybe 5 years) and it's been sat in it's case. Was still perfectly in tune when I took it out to take some pics though, which I think speaks to the quality of these guitars. It's really light and super resonant and plays like b... ehm, let's say it plays very well. 

I'll add full specs and more details later but just throwing this post up to garner interest. Here's some pics... https://photos.app.goo.gl/wMsbmvBzZ7uzMWvy7

Looking for £1800 + delivery of your choice. You're welcome to come and view/collect but I live on a rock in the Atlantic so that's probably not feasible for the vast majority of you!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    damm73 said:
     I live on a rock in the Atlantic so that's probably not feasible for the vast majority of you!

Ascension Island? 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16010
    Could be South Atlantic............Falklands /Malvinas
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    I’m afraid that google is not willing to display those pictures, even when I log into google. You might want to check permissions, or host the picture elsewhere.

TimmyO said:  Ascension Island? 
    Dominic said:
    Could be South Atlantic............Falklands /Malvinas
    West coast of Scotland
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • damm73damm73 Frets: 356
    I'm in Stornoway, Isle of Lewis. 

Pictures link works for me, even logged out of Google but I'll sort tomorrow if still a problem. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    edited November 2018
    I've always fancied a TA and would have been seriously interested to meet up and try out, but just too far away (I'm in North London).  It looks in great condition.. any marks, bumps, scratches, or anything else to point out?
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Mmmnnnn. Love Andersons
    edited November 2018
    Is anyone able to see the photos I linked to?  It's in fairly good nick for it's age as it has been unused for a long time. My tastes changed to more vintage flavoured guitars and relics that I didn't have to worry about putting dings in!

I've tried to show all the wear and dings etc in the photos but it's tough to capture on the gloss black back of the guitar. There are 3 small dings on the top. A couple of dings on the back and some buckle rash and also some marring of the finish where it's been in contact with the bubblewrap that I had taped to the back in order to prevent bucklerash. Oh the irony. Didn't notice it until removing said bubble wrap after it had sat in the case for a few years. 

The neck and frets are perfect.  Neck and middle pickups are stacked singles (so hum-cancelling), mini toggle switches humbucking/single coil mode, 5-way selector and pull tone knob adds the bridge to neck and neck+middle positions. 

Here's the info from TA serial number search page...

Guitar Model:Hollow Drop Top Classic
    Body Wood:Flame Maple on Alder
    Body Finish:Cajun Red with Binding
    Neck Wood:Hard Rock Maple
    Neck Finish:Satin Finish
    Neck Back Shape:Even Taper
    Nut Width:1 11/16 in
    Frets:Heavy
    Hardware Color:Chrome
    Bridge:Vintage Tremolo
    Pickups:SA2R SA2 H2+
    Pickguard:White Pearloid
    Switching:5 Way, Mini Switch Splits, Pull Adds Bridge, Vintage Voicing
    Strings:.010-.046 Elixir strings
    Buzz Feiten Tuning System:Checked

EDIT: forgot to add it's a 2008 model, I think the serial number is in the pics. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    Be quick and buy now before Brexit forces the price up bump. 
    edited December 2018
    damm73 said:x
    Be quick and buy now before Brexit forces the price up bump. 
    Lol!  If Brexit, the US China trade war and markets keep going the way they are (FTSE crashed over 3% down today) no one will have any money to buy guitars! ...And prices will probably have to drop   But then I'm a pessimistic old git !  3 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Pessimist, perhaps, but you may have a point. 
    Sunday run don't want to go but I'm still going bump. 
  • damm73 said:
    I'm in Stornoway, Isle of Lewis. 

HA! So is my sister and her family :D
    Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
    Still for sale...but was watching Tim Pierce's prepping for the Grammy's video the other day where he picked a similar guitar for that gig and had to go get it out of the case for a quick noodle...then an hour and a half later, reluctantly put it away again!
    Bump
    edited March 2019
    Always fancied a Tom Anderson but sadly £1800 is way out of my price range.  :'(
    bump
    bump