SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

[SOLD] Gibson Les Paul 1959 Duane Allman VOS Reissue

What's Hot

Comments

• NeylusNeylus Frets: 62
    Updated the price... and I'm tired of people getting interested and then disappearing  :p
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    Neylus said:
    Updated the price... and I'm tired of people getting interested and then disappearing  :p
    It seems very bad selling things of this value on here for the past 6 months I feel. Have you tried the Facebook groups etc @Neylus ;
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Neylus said:
    It seems very bad selling things of this value on here for the past 6 months I feel. Have you tried the Facebook groups etc @Neylus ;
    I haven't! Any recommendations? 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    Neylus said:
    Neylus said:
    I haven't! Any recommendations? 
    Just go on Facebook and look for some guitar selling groups. Midlands , north, Cornwall etc
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • lentolento Frets: 116
    Why haven't you used the bay when they've had their 'sell for £1' weekends ...?
    I'll do that, thanks a lot for your help!
    Bump
    Bump! Thanks for the tips on the facebook group by the way! 
    Bump!
    Bump!

• DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    It's very true that anything over £750 quid has become a hard sell on here of late..........even serious bargains
    I would try Reverb and even Gumtree (you get some idiots but you also see some serious big number sales
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump!
  • Juicy Lester that one and a decent price. I saw a lovely one of these last year in Nashville with a five figure price tag.

Market place here seems super slow this year. Both my Tokais ended up shifting elsewhere and at knock down prices.
  • You might want to consider a commission-based sale with a local and reputable dealer.

You won't see quite as much "in hand" for the sale, but you are opening the sale up to a wider audience whilst also allowing for a broader range of purchase options (credit card, trade-in, etc). You're also putting someone else between you and the inevitable tyre-kickers.

For such a big sticker item, I'd say from day one chances of selling it around here are slim - after 6 months, I'd move on.

It's a lovely guitar, and I wish you well with the sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Bump! Thanks!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    edited November 2018
    Updated the price for Black Friday... Also I might put the guitar in store in Central London if anyone wants to try it, I think it will be easier for me to sell it there.
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump! It's still here!