Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Please See "Water Rats April 19 - Song List"

What's Hot

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Seeing as i cant sing, and even less sing and play at the same time, mulling over some songs that dont fall in the same trap as AC/DC songs or any others with challenging vocals wont be a problem for me.

Heres the thing. As i (and all of us) get better, and get to know what works in a tFB jam setting, i might be inclined to go with the flow. But let’s please have some decent variety in the suggestions.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3260
    tFB Trader
    I'm also happy to go with the flow as I've never done one of these before

I wouldn't mind having a bash at a clutch song as I've got my dc junior done now, something like cyborg bette, it's loud fairly easy and i don't think the singing sounds that hard but I'm no singer

aerosmith  sweet emotion 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    I'm also happy to go with the flow as I've never done one of these before

I wouldn't mind having a bash at a clutch song as I've got my dc junior done now, something like cyborg bette, it's loud fairly easy and i don't think the singing sounds that hard but I'm no singer

aerosmith  sweet emotion 
    Wis'd

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Can I chuck “All Night Long” by Rainbow in, someone can easily manage the solo, and I can sing it
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    edited November 2018

sev112 said:
    Can I chuck “All Night Long” by Rainbow in, someone can easily manage the solo, and I can sing it

That's a cracker! Would love to do that solo

Dodgy lyrics, but we'll ignore that!

• As a complete and utter newbie to all of this who is basically a very much beginner strummer or open chords (who is not even really sure I am good enough to be playing the jam) I am going to have to throw myself on the mercies of the more experienced ones among you to help me learn what chords to play! I have no idea where to start with any of this and am not experienced enough to learn from a video. Sorry....

I would love to join in with Comfy and Wanted Dead or Alive if there are simple enough parts (or any others that come along that may be suitable for me too).  That would be just amazing to play on.  I could also do a bit of backing vocals as I do sing a bit. 

As for song song choices of my own, I am not sure what to suggest because the versions of songs that I play with my guitar buddy are not necessarily the original versions.  They tend to be more simplified versions.   Crumbs I feel so stupid.......
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    Blackjack said:
    As a complete and utter newbie to all of this who is basically a very much beginner strummer or open chords (who is not even really sure I am good enough to be playing the jam) I am going to have to throw myself on the mercies of the more experienced ones among you to help me learn what chords to play! I have no idea where to start with any of this and am not experienced enough to learn from a video. Sorry....

I would love to join in with Comfy and Wanted Dead or Alive if there are simple enough parts (or any others that come along that may be suitable for me too).  That would be just amazing to play on.  I could also do a bit of backing vocals as I do sing a bit. 

As for song song choices of my own, I am not sure what to suggest because the versions of songs that I play with my guitar buddy are not necessarily the original versions.  They tend to be more simplified versions.   Crumbs I feel so stupid.......
    As long as you can find a YouTube video/online version of the song we will learn that version. You could even do a recording of you and your guitar buddy’s version so we can learn the version you play.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Blackjack said:
    As a complete and utter newbie to all of this who is basically a very much beginner strummer or open chords (who is not even really sure I am good enough to be playing the jam) I am going to have to throw myself on the mercies of the more experienced ones among you to help me learn what chords to play! I have no idea where to start with any of this and am not experienced enough to learn from a video. Sorry....

I had no idea what to expect on my first jam. At this very venue. It’s a great place with an easy vibe, so that should help you settle for starters.

Prob the best advice I can give, is come with an open mind. No expectations, no pressure. Whatever prep you do, is what you do. Come as you are, and bring your guitar.  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Blackjack said:

I’m sure there’s a few on here who could help you learn the acoustic part to comfy - or even a basic rhythm part! 

Any volunteers?
  • Some great suggestions so far - Dakota in particular really lends itself to multiple guitar bits (I know this as I struggle on my own in my band)

@Blackjack - I'd be delighted to strum an acoustic version of Comfy with you as @Bridgehouse mentioned above - it's a song that I love to listen too but have never learnt to play.

Songs I'd like to throw into the mix

Hungry Like the Wolf by duran duran -
    Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes - can lend itself to lots of silly bugger guitar fills
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    fandango said:
    Blackjack said:

I had no idea what to expect on my first jam. At this very venue. It’s a great place with an easy vibe, so that should help you settle for starters.

Prob the best advice I can give, is come with an open mind. No expectations, no pressure. Whatever prep you do, is what you do. Come as you are, and bring your guitar.  =)
    Yeah @blackjack this is where it's at, there will be no pressure on the day, will be a lot of fun, it's usually all smiles and laughs on the day :) 

I could ask, what is the tune you enjoy playing most on the guitar?  As a "newb" you get a choice on, and I'd happily help you make whatever work on the day, as I know will others :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Blackjack said:

Teenage Kicks is a jam favourite, good fun and not hard to play in structure or technique, and you have 4 months to get it. Plus it's short and sharp so if all goes wrong you're outta there in a couple of minutes anyway!
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    ^^ and if you're stuck and near Dorking, I'll help you.
  • Aw thank you so much guys! I am blown away by your kindness.  One thing, several of you mentioned acoustic... do I need to bring my acoustic as I was planning on bringing my beloved Tele? No problem if I do need to go acoustic, I love my Taylor too!!! 
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3260
    edited November 2018 tFB Trader
    I'm not bringing an acoustic, can't be arsed, loud is good for me these days

I haven't played dakota but i really like stereophonics, I'll see if i can get it learnt just in case i can sneak in a bit of rhythm for anyone 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • Acoustic/ Electric / Both !!
    bring whatever you're happy playing Blackjack - we'll make it work
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    Can I add another suggestion (you can substitute either of my previous offerings)? I keep forgetting to put it forward:

The Bends - Radiohead

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    McToot said:
    Can I add another suggestion (you can substitute either of my previous offerings)? I keep forgetting to put it forward:

The Bends - Radiohead
    Fake plastic trees please!!!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12253
    McToot said:

The Bends - Radiohead
    Any Radiohead   
  • McToot said:

The Bends - Radiohead
    Good shout - epic song