Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Official FB Jam - Quad (Leicester) Edition - Saturday 24th November 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    Does anyone have any cool amps that they’d be happy to have used in the backline for the main room? There is no amp swapping during the day to avoid wasting time, What’s setup at noon will be used until the end of the day. I recall @hywelg had some cool amps at a previous meet-up. Anyone fancy hearing their amp at a good volume?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    I could bring any or all of the following. 

Carr Rambler
    Ceriatone OTS
    Ceriatone 1987 50w plexi clone

Cheers 
    Hywel 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5325
    Not cool, particularly, but possibly useful:

Laney Lionheart combo (5w)
    Blues Cube Artist
    Laney LC30-II (for sale, cough cough ;) )

I'd been thinking about bringing the Blues Cube, as I've not had a proper thrash with that yet, but could bring any of the others. I suspect  they'll be the least special things in attendance, though, based on Sasquatch!
  • As offered elsewhere, Katana 100 with stand and Footswitch. 

Not special, but a jam workhorse. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5325
    Oh, yeah, comment in the other thread reminded me - I'll be chucking the Fishman Loudbox Mini in too, so there'll be acoustic coverage in more than the main room if needed.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 619
    Brocco said:
    @TADodger, @Darius, do you have specific tracks that you would like to try? 
    @Brocco @TADodger - Nothing specific for me, whatever comes up. I like the idea of that chord progression list ^^^. Much better than A D A E x 2000. If that can be printed out in BIG text to follow along. I can bring same from some of the same from my list.
    Coming along to enjoy the jamming, the improvising and maybe learn a few things from others.

I can past in some of our typical gig setlist if you like, there might be some songs you'd like to have a go on that I know well?
    edited November 2018
    Thanks guys,
    will look at the setlist and see how many are likely to be playing on the same song in the main room. I think 4 amps of different types plus an acoustic input should cover it.

suggest
    @legionreturns Katana 100
    my Silver Jubilee
    @hywelg plexi style
    @hywelg -Which amp has best fender clean/light crunch.

am happy to have others setup, but the amps will need to be there until the end as we don’t  want to waste time swapping stuff over and messing with levels too much.

@bridgehouse - are you bringing a bass DI or pa monitor setup?

@paulmapp8306 - will you plug straight into the PA?

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    mrkb said:
    Thanks guys,
    will look at the setlist and see how many are likely to be playing on the same song in the main room. I think 4 amps of different types plus an acoustic input should cover it.

suggest
    my Silver Jubilee
    @hywelg plexi style

am happy to have others setup, but the amps will need to be there until the end as we don’t  want to waste time swapping stuff over and messing with levels too much.

@Legionreturns is bringing his Ashdown as he wants to hear it cranked. I’ll bring a DI option
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    mrkb said:

Seconded for this bit - also as always comes up there isn't much time for tone chasing, anyone bringing pedals will need to whack them on the floor ready to go.

I say this as someone who is bringing pedals incidentally! :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    mrkb said:i
    Thanks guys,

suggest
    my Silver Jubilee
    @hywelg plexi style

Carr Rambler is the better clean sound but the OTS is by far a better pedal platform. If you like I canbring my pedalboard which has various flavours of OD  on it. 

hywelg said:
    mrkb said:i
    Thanks guys,

suggest
    my Silver Jubilee
    @hywelg plexi style

Carr Rambler is the better clean sound but the OTS is by far a better pedal platform. If you like I canbring my pedalboard which has various flavours of OD  on it. 
    Thanks @hywelg - sounds like the OTS will be a more suitable option then. If you are happy to bring the pedalboard I’m sure it will be a great option for people to use.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Right you are Mark.

• paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 829
    edited November 2018
    Yeh, straight into the PA for keys - Ill take a side feed direct from the keys to a monitor if I can get it in the car. 
  • @mrkb 1/4" or XLR inputs on the PA?  stereo feed preferably but mono is OK if thats what we have.  Just so I know what cables to bring.  Keyboards have 2 outs - one pair on XLR the other on jacks.  
  • @paulmapp8306 I can bring a small, active monitor if you're struggling for space. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 829
    edited November 2018
    Ido have a (rubbish) PA top I bought years ago.  it should go in, but Ive never packed my keys before (only started playing January) and dont have cases/bags for them as yet (not moved them since I bought them).  With an 88 note weighted and 76 note synth action, stand, stool, kitbag - and I want to bring one of my guitars as well to jam... I might struggle as I wont be able to stack them, or have them on their sides.  I have an estate car (works) so should be OK, but wont know until I pack Sat morning...  

Worst case, Ill put some headphones in and use those to monitor, and if the guitar wont go in it wont - not the end of the world.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    @paulmapp8306 I can bring a small, active monitor if you're struggling for space. 
    I’ll have a DXR12 in the car....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • That would be substantially better than the no-name thing I have.   To be fair, it was bought to monitor keys in a band I played in some 15 years ago - the keys were used for 2 songs.

I keep wanting to improve it now Im playing keys more -  but in the house its hooked up to my Adams a5xs and Yam sub so I dont need anything else at home - and Im not playing/gigging out yet.  When I do - Ill get something.  the DXR12 along the the QSC K12s are on my radar. 
    @mrkb 1/4" or XLR inputs on the PA?  stereo feed preferably but mono is OK if thats what we have.  Just so I know what cables to bring.  Keyboards have 2 outs - one pair on XLR the other on jacks.  
    I haven’t got a clue about the PA - I’ve only been to Quad once and didn’t get involved with it last time. I’ll bring as many cables as I can find.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • dariusdarius Frets: 619
    For the jam room bods, are we just bringing everything we own ? Guitar, amp, cab, pedals...? Whats the set up in each of the rooms (are there 4 of them?)