Fredric Effects boutique guitar pedals - news and updates

What's Hot

Comments

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    All the guys who've been waiting for a pedal version of the preamp found in the Vermona Regent 150 amp are going to be psyched by this new offering! #chargepump #ddrtones

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    The Utility Perkolator is on this weeks' That Pedal Show @16:00

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Check out the Dipswitch Demos overview of the Fredric Effects Utility Perkolator! Great demo, many thanks to Jackson Brooksby and to Northern Stompboxes for supplying the demo pedal.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    This is the one everyone has been waiting for!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    The preamp from the Vermona Regent 150k in pedal form! With charge pump for 15v operation and original SC238e East German transistors.

tFB Trader
    The new batch of Deeply Unpleasant Companions are here! These are a sea blue print on silver sparkle enclosures.
    http://www.fredric.co.uk/shin-ei-fy-2-fy2-clone-deeply-unpleasant-companion-bass

• Picked up a second hand Golden Eagle on this very forum- what a great pedal! What’s the difference between that and the zombie clone? Subtle or way different? If they are similar I fancy one- if not I may even get another GE! 
  • I've just picked up a Golden Eagle from a fellow TFB'r and it's fantastic..

Si
  • Picked up a second hand Golden Eagle on this very forum- what a great pedal! What’s the difference between that and the zombie clone? Subtle or way different? If they are similar I fancy one- if not I may even get another GE! 
    They are exactly the same pedal but in a different enclosure..

Si
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    They are exactly the same pedal but in a different enclosure..

Si
    Really? Why would one do that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Heya! Glad you like the Golden Eagle - it's exactly the same pedal as the Zombie Klone. The reason is... going back a few years I was selling lots of Zombie Klones via various forums. Only on TGP I kept getting asked for a Zombie Klone with more 'traditional' artwork/finish. Maybe people expect Klones to be gold? So I introduced the GE. Both pedals continue to sell well, so I'm not inclined to stop making either :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timhulio said:
    Heya! Glad you like the Golden Eagle - it's exactly the same pedal as the Zombie Klone. The reason is... going back a few years I was selling lots of Zombie Klones via various forums. Only on TGP I kept getting asked for a Zombie Klone with more 'traditional' artwork/finish. Maybe people expect Klones to be gold? So I introduced the GE. Both pedals continue to sell well, so I'm not inclined to stop making either :-)
    Ah! Thanks for the info! :)
  • @timhulio ;

Did you go any further with the KOT style pedal I saw in some previous posts?

Si
    tFB Trader
    @timhulio ;

Did you go any further with the KOT style pedal I saw in some previous posts?

Si
    Yep it's on about the third revision. The KOT/Bluesbreaker always seemed a bit quiet to me, so I've tried to add a boost circuit which doesn't effect the character of the overdrive, which can be removed entirely via DIP switches. But my head keeps being turned by other, weirder circuits!
    tFB Trader
    Like this! One of the new pedals launching at the UK Guitar Show next month :-)

• That looks interesting- I’ll be at the show so will pop over..
    tFB Trader
    Here's the first examples of a couple of new pedals which will launch at The Guitar Show later this month. Dresden Synth Fuzz (MkII) and the Verzerrer.

• timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    Really like those new enclosures - look superb.
    What is the overall size of the pedal like - same/bigger than Boss/TC? Assume bigger than MXR...
    And is this the shape of Fredrik's to come (like maybe the Bluesbreaker that was in the works)?
    tFB Trader
    Thanks! Glad you like them. I really like having more space to work with in these enclosures, and the metal fabricators did a great job. I did go to some trouble to make the Bluesbreaker/KOT circuit board mini-sized, so we'll have to see if that ends-up in the wedge enclosures. I think some of those interested in that pedal might appreciate top-mounted jacks though.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Top mounted jacks FTW!