Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which departed Celeb do you miss the most?

What's Hot

Comments

• sweepy said:
    Bill Hicks, his critique of Trump would be epic 
    All of this 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5619
    Christopher Hitchens
  • J Collingridge. 

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    John Bonham and Keith Moon - would have been interesting to see how their music lives would have unfolded. 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    Robin Williams.

The world is definitely a poorer and darker place without him in it.
    Really! I wouldn't miss any members of Take That.

Joking aside, Gary Moore for me, what a player.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367

Alistair Cooke (letters from America)

I came here to say that. He was such an oasis, and would be even more so now. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16002
    Emp_Fab said:
    munckee said:
    Steve Martin. 
    Er....  You might want to let him know that he's died.
    The funny Steve Martin died with Father of the Bride surely...
    But he sure plays a mean Banjo...........rated as one of the top 10 players in the USA
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Buddy Holly. Although he died before I was born, I grew up listening to his music and still listen to it now. He would 'only' have been in his early '80's now and such an innovative player and writer that I wonder how music would have evolved if he had still been with us. Who knows? He might have run out of ideas, continued to shape popular music, become a country music producer, etc...

I wish we'd have got to find out though.

Oh, and Rod Hull.
    Call me Dave.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11411
    Music:  SRV

Acting: Heath Ledger

Sports: Ben Hollioake

All of those had so much left to give.

There are others who have died, but left a bigger body of work behind.  With those 3, we will never really know what they would have been capable of.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    I was going to say Stanley Kubrick, but he was probably nearing the end of his creative career anyway so unless there was some kind of magic rejuvenation process.... same would apply to many of these names.

Keith Moon, not so much in the "what would he have done?" sense, but because he was an absolutely fascinating and hilarious character.  But when you think he died at 32 and look at the state of him then, he'd have died a hundred deaths by now.

Frank Zappa, again due to the personality as much as the music.  A truly extraordinary man.

And SRV, he probably is the best example of "what would he have done?" because he had got his life on track and was making wonderful music.  Perhaps the best was yet to come.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    Freddie
    Starr
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    Dominic said:
    Saddam Hussain
    .......Undoubtedly not the nicest of chaps but the world is a less safe place without him.
    He was the biggest Lion in the jungle who ruled with fear and aggression in the Tribal badlands .It was great misconception to think that Western style evolved Democracy would flourish in such an environment; You may just as well have tried to transplant English garden Roses in a desert .
    He maintained a brutal Staus Quo by suppressing all the tensions ,militant factions and Iranian provoked instability with pure fear and aggression .The only way to fight fire is with fire .
    As soon as he was removed the entire region exploded and imploded .Tribal rivalry,Isis extremism and fundamentalist terror escalated,Baathist regimes were compromised ergo today's Syria issue and the instability continues to grow and spread .
     A wave of fundamentalist terror groups has since gained inertia and spread from Nigeria and Somalia in the South to Chechnya in the Caucasus since the 2nd Iraqi invasion but in the meantime Arab Spring revolutions have disturbed the stability of countries like Egypt, Algeria and Yemen which were previously totally sound.
    The "West" sponsored him, mainly to keep Iran occupied but then decided "we" needed a Crusade.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    Elvis.

I was 10 when he died. It was the first 'celeb' death I can remember. I loved his films, yes they were mostly crap, but very exotic for me as a kid. Musically I was only really aware of the 'jump suit' Elvis but he was still mesmerising to watch.

Always wondered what, if anything, he would have done musically.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    Michael Caswell.  The best guitar teacher ever and excellent bloke
    @Blaendulais -- yes, there's someone who went way too soon.  A band he was in frequently played down my local and it was always worth watching him play -- proper talent.  He did one album -- obviously its incredibly guitar focused; not quite my thing but a reminder at any rate.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    Dominic said:
    Saddam Hussein
    He maintained a brutal Status Quo 
    Sort of Piledriver period?  I wouldn't call them brutal, but it was certainly a lot heavier than Marguerita Time.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 412
    I wouldn't call them celebrities but guitar heroes i never had the chance to see live , Paul Kossoff and Rory Gallagher they both had the sound we all still want today .
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Has to be Jimi Saville for me...

I know he has a got a lot of stick in recent times, but I won’t have a bad word said against him tbh...

I met him him when I was 8... he fixed it for me to milk a cow whilst blindfolded!... got a medal and everything!
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopot said:

I know he has a got a lot of stick in recent times, but I won’t have a bad word said against him tbh...

I met him him when I was 8... he fixed it for me to milk a cow whilst blindfolded!... got a medal and everything!
    you sure you were milking a cow ?  :)
    “Ken sent me.”
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    poopot said:

you sure you were milking a cow ?  :)
    Yeah deffo... could hear it mooing... didn’t get much out of it tho’ just a handful...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    Eric & Ernie
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"