SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: Epiphone LQ MIJ Les Paul Standard Goldtop £750!

Alfi27Alfi27 Frets: 52
edited September 2019 in Guitars £
Selling this fantastic Les Paul because I have another one just like it in another finish, and I have so few guitars that it doesn't really make sense that half of them are pretty much the exact same guitar. Really sad to see it go, incredibly rare instrument. 

The guitar has the same specs as a historic, which you won't get in any Gibson USA after 1980-something. ABR-1 bridge, long tenon neck, tall pickup rings, medium neck profile (quite similar to Gibson USA's 50s neck and CS historic 60's neck), weighs in just under 4 kg and has a lacquer finish which I believe is nitro, but it could also be acrylic. Nevertheless, it is really thin and apparently acrylic lacquer will age similarly to nitro (checkings etc). 

Because the stock pickups are total garbage, it comes with a set of nickel covered Suhr Thornbuckers and upgraded electronics from RS guitars. The knobs have also been replaced with gold reflector knobs, apart from that it's stock. 

It can be posted in a really crappy hardcase, but very well packed with loads of bubblewrapping inside and outside of the case. The other Les Paul survived all the way from Russia in that packaging, so it should be able to survive a UK shipment perfectly fine. 

If you have any questions send me a PM, the price including the Suhr pickups and electronics is £750. I can almost guarantee that you won't find a Les Paul as authentic and great sounding as this one in that price range. It cost me £1200 including pickups, electronics and VAT from Japan. As I have my eyes on another guitar the price might be negotiated a bit, but not much. 

Here's a clip, featuring the Thornbucker bridge and a Ceriatone 2204. It truly has that 'Tele on steroids' tone which I think is fantastic, just one of the Gibsons I used to have could pull that off... 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    Tasty

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    Yeah, that's pretty damn sexy.
  • Alfi27Alfi27 Frets: 52
    edited November 2018
    Cheers lads, it is a beauty indeed! Forgot to mention that I might be interested in trades for a mahogany axe that's a bit more roadworthy, for example Fender style guitars or a PRS Mira/Starla; if you have a Mira 245 Soapbar and want the Les Paul, I'll give you an extra £100 for it as well... Pretty much anything mahogany and P90/humbucker based that's not too weird, with a less extreme headstock angle than what Gibson guitars have. 
    New price is £800 posted, absolutely amazing instrument for that price... 
    Up...
    The guitar is also for sale in Norway where a few people are very interested in it, but I would rather not have to bring it on the plane etc so price is now £750. If I don't receive any enquiries before the 6th it will be off to Norway. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    PM'd
    On hold!