Looping in a band

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• joetelejoetele Frets: 948
    ICBM said:
    joetele said:

I can imagine it's even more difficult with more band members though - more humans to commit human error - so best of luck! 
    If you've ever played live with a very carefully-programmed drum machine and experienced the car crash which results when the humans mess up and the drum machine carries merrily on with the song, unaware that the middle 8 is now two bars longer than planned, you will know exactly how bad it can be...

:)
    Oh yes, I've used many a drum machine, but I hesitate to introduce one into the band! 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    That Ditto X2 Jam is a great idea:  make the loop fit the drummer. 
    Kind of waiting for the Mooer version because £200 is a bit steep really.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    Grunfeld said:
    That Ditto X2 Jam is a great idea:  make the loop fit the drummer. 
    Kind of waiting for the Mooer version because £200 is a bit steep really.
    Precisely this. Way too much to what what I'd be prepared to pay for one :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • There’s a new version of the TC Ditto looper with a mic that adjusts the loop to match a drifting tempo. Haven’t tried one personally but might be what you need. 

(just noticed this was mentioned a couple of posts up...as you were). 
    Hi, I got a Ditto x2 Jam a couple of weeks ago and just trialled it at band practice.  I was really impressed as it kept in time with drummer even when her was intentionally (well he claims it was ;) messing about with the timing.  The only thing that it didn't like was 3/4 timing but we'll try that again and see if we can find a way around that.  I agree it's pricey but based on first impressions it was worth the money for me.  Also means I've got a Ditto x4 for sale if anyone is looking for one.