New electrical tools month

What's Hot
I managed to buy a new multimeter the other day from Amazon deal of the day.

I used to have a nice Fluke but a 'friend in need' borrowed it and fried it trying to measure current draw via the common and resistance probe points. He laughably compensated me with a crusty Maplin special that he 'borrowed' from his workplace.

Recently, my Antex soldering iron burned out after 30 years and so I resorted to a mini gas one from the bottom of the toolbox to replace some pickups. Cue lots of flames and Mrs. mbe telling me to order another electric one before I set fire to my guitar, or the house even.

So now I've got a shiny new Antex and a super duper meter that even measures capacitance. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• King85King85 Frets: 631
    mbe said:

I used to have a nice Fluke but a 'friend in need' borrowed it and fried it trying to measure current draw via the common and resistance probe points. He laughably compensated me with a crusty Maplin special that he 'borrowed' from his workplace.
    And you let this slide :open_mouth: 

You're a better man than me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    King85 said:
    mbe said:

And you let this slide :open_mouth: 

You're a better man than me.
    Ah, he was going through an acrimonious divorce at the time. I didn't have the heart to threaten him.

Another time, he borrowed a cherished 10" adjustable spanner and came back with a completely impractical 15" version. I believe that too was 'borrowed' from work.

I thought everybody had a 'friend' like that  :#
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4169
    "Neither a borrower or a lender be". I stole that from Willy the Shake. And that from Joni MItchell.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Where I used to live the local hardware shop had a slogan painted on the side of the building 'We sell the tools your neighbour loves to borrow!'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^ that's funny 
    Philtre said:
    "Neither a borrower or a lender be". I stole that from Willy the Shake. And that from Joni MItchell.
    Hamlet Act 1 Scene 3 to be precise.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    mbe said:

Recently, my Antex soldering iron burned out after 30 years and so I resorted to a mini gas one from the bottom of the toolbox to replace some pickups. Cue lots of flames and Mrs. mbe telling me to order another electric one before I set fire to my guitar, or the house even.

So now I've got a shiny new Antex and a super duper meter that even measures capacitance. 
    what Meter did you get ?....I need a new one.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    mbe said:

what Meter did you get ?....I need a new one.
    Here ya go. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H16RZXQ/ref=asc_df_B07H16RZXQ57381782/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B07H16RZXQ&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309857966843&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9751242464416891656&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046312&hvtargid=pla-565455069268

It's really solid and seems every bit as good as the mega expensive Fluke I used to have (until said 'mate' fried it to a crisp).