Coverdale Page 1993

What's Hot
mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
edited November 2018 in Music
Yup, not normally my thing, but this came on this morning ( forgot i had the Album on my ipod) and its really good. 

Realise im probably in the minority of one here :open_mouth: 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• can i take my last comment back, just got to Take a Look at Yourself and its utter shite 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The opening track (shake my tree?) has a pretty good riff as I recall. But much of the rest is pretty cheesy.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    It is utter shite. Bought the tape back in 93 as a young lad looking for new music by one of my guitar heroes. Tried to like it, but even then it was a struggle, Coverdale :s. Funny how Page dumped the project as soon as he could once there was a wiff of getting back on the road with Plant.
  • yup once i got past the first couple of tracks it went rapidly downhill 

Pre Mature Jock Elation 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 850
    edited November 2018
    How about the Firm - Page with Paul Rodgers?
    2 albums, the 2nd "Mean Business" was the best IMO. Page used a B-bender.....a lot.
  • I'm really in the minority but it's Jimmy's best playing since Presence imo. There's some 93 sounding production and obviously David's lyrics are a bit bawdy but I like it still. Outrider and the Firm run it close as does XYZ (admittedly in patches only) but they all sound a bit unfinished compared to CP imo.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• I still really like the Coverdale Page album. Take Me For A Little While being my favourite track. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Only good post Zep work Page did was on Jugula. (With Harper, Bush and Gilmour)