uninspring saturday night

What's Hot
Was drinking with a chap I often drink with on Fridays, when a fat bloke in a suit comes into the pub and offers the services of his duo the following night for a knock down price, as the venue they were expecting to play had cried off at short notice. The management of the pub ummed and ahhed so in the end he left and tried another pub further down the road. He was successful. I've not tried that pub before so my Friday drinking companion said we should go check it out.

I liked the pub, it was a friendly and cosy environment. A huge log burner was keeping us all warm and toasty. With their backs to the front window was this duo.

I didn't think much of either guitarist. The fat guy with the red strat didn't add anything to the backing track, and the older guy made sure he played as little as possible. Apparently he created all the backing tracks so I must credit him with some musical ability, but the way he handled his instrument made me think he was not a particularly accomplished player.

I will also give them credit for not playing too much country. They sussed that people got up to dance to the rock'n'roll stuff and therefore played more of it.

I had to put my earplugs in. Ergo, they were too loud.

The fat bloke was wearing the same trousers as the previous night, he'd just swopped his shirt and jacket for a polo shirt..
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 27574

The fat bloke was wearing the same trousers as the previous night
    He might have several pairs the same.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • is there a point to this story? I read the whole post and feel a little cheated.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    is there a point to this story? I read the whole post and feel a little cheated.

I doubt it'll be made into a film.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I think the point to the story is - there are people out there putting themselves up for gigs who are unimaginative, pedestrian and a little bit crap. 
    That’s how I read it, anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • is there a point to this story? I read the whole post and feel a little cheated.
    If i'd paid to see that act I'd feel VERY cheated.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • AlexC said:
    I think the point to the story is - there are people out there putting themselves up for gigs who are unimaginative, pedestrian and a little bit crap. 
    Well that's the last time me and my mate are playing that pub. There was some grumpy bloke in the corner sat looking right miserable.

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2958
    dindude said:
    is there a point to this story? I read the whole post and feel a little cheated.

Well, they managed to make The Hobbit into a trilogy so this one has three-hour blockbuster epic written all over it.

Jack Black for the fat bloke!
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 412
    AlexC said:
    Well that's the last time me and my mate are playing that pub. There was some grumpy bloke in the corner sat looking right miserable.
       I bet you will change your trousers more often now though .
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Sporky said:

The fat bloke was wearing the same trousers as the previous night
    He might have several pairs the same.
    I sometimes wear the same pair of trousers for three days running. I feel dirty now. 
  • It just struck me as strange that anyone would wear the trousers of a grey business suit to perform covers in a pub duo.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Shrews said:
    dindude said:

Well, they managed to make The Hobbit into a trilogy so this one has three-hour blockbuster epic written all over it.

Jack Black for the fat bloke!
    I don't think they could be that bad to require Jack Black
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic