Whats New Pussycat - Feline Guitars Updates thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11496
    tFB Trader
    So this is happening and I'm so excited

Nice simple lines
    Once I get the sustainiac in  there will be a couple more switches and maybe one more pot...not sure whether to have an intensity control or a possible tone pot.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    The Tabby Madcat is nearing completion

Looks incredible. Getting very excited about this...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    The Southpaw on Reverb is a belter.
  • So this is happening and I'm so excited

Nice simple lines
    Once I get the sustainiac in  there will be a couple more switches and maybe one more pot...not sure whether to have an intensity control or a possible tone pot.
    Thinking Mans Axis or the LP Axcess Gibson should have built ? 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    So this is happening and I'm so excited

Nice simple lines

You keep making these fine-looking thin-bodied singlecuts! 

I think you should add that "The Paul"-alike to this thread.  Very curious to see how that turns out.

edited August 2022 tFB Trader
    The Feline Lion Cub HH "The Paul"
    Once again it was me trying to shoehorn a flying V into a comfy "sit on the couch and play" LP junior type guitar (hence the control layout).
    Ratio tuners
    Earvana nut
    Suhr Aldrich pickups
    Tonepro bridge and tailpiece studs
    Aluminium tailpiece
    Neck is 21.5mm at 1st fret and 23mm at 12th (43mm wide at nut and 57mm at last fret)
    Dunlop 6000 fretwire

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    :)
    tFB Trader
    Time for some new Feline Vs I think....
    First up is another of our V58 models 

Ignore the masking tape - we're just laying out the bridge and tailpiece locations

Should we go with the BKP Mules we originally intended or maybe try the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Joe Bonnamassa Signature set for his Korina V called "Amos"?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Some more Korina V madness - this time based on our V80 shape - slimmer shape with no pickguard and input jack in the inside of the upper fin in a strat jackplate>

We decided to give these Feline V80s a different choice in pickups from the typical all humbucker route. 
    One is pure P90 tone driven, and they other is a hybrid with a bridge humbucker and a neck position P90

This V80 is something of a hybrid with a bridge humbucker and a neck postion P90.
    The split V chevron inlays give a unique twist to it as well .
    What colour should we go for though...bear in mind we may well use cream pickups

This V80 is pure P90 tone driven with a pair of BKP Nantuckets lined up to go into it.
    We were thinking that a goldtop colour scheme could be quite appropriate too to mimic the goldtop Les Paul it shares some styling with .
    What do you think?

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Some more movement on the V80 Korina Vs

An @OilCityPickups  Jingo P90 at the neck and a @OilCityPickups Transonic at the bridge giving a cool early 80s appeal to the look of this one.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9983
    tFB Trader
    That's gorgeous ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

edited August 2019 tFB Trader

Not sure about the knob colour but we were thinking about possibly doing it with a goldtop finish on the front and natural on the back.
    Pickups are Bare Knuckle Nantuckets
    Controls are 2 volumes and a tone and a 3 way switch

Real Mother of Pearl inlays on the front and black tahiti pearl dots in the ivoroid binding

Jack socket for both these guitars is on the inside of the upper fin

tFB Trader
    So we recently completed a build for Ross @webrthomson ; on this forum with an amazing piece of redwood that he supplied
    We went with an alder body with that redwood cap.
    Neck is a 3 piece maple with a rosewoodboard
    A Bill Lawrence tele rails pickup and a Mojo staple P90 capture all the tone

0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1029
    Stunning as always Jonathan @FelineGuitars - I cannot wait to get my grubby paws on this - I'm on holiday next week, just as well as I'm planning on playing this, a lot :)
    tFB Trader
    We are about to have a bit of a huge clearout as our Landlord on the warpath about our place being cluttered and needing to be repainted like new again, so we may be having something of a "if it’s not bolted down we may sell it off”.
    Expect us to be listing odd bits in the classifieds….

edited December 2023 tFB Trader
    So this:

finally got painted......and I put it back together tonight

0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16543
    I love the contrast of the fancy maple top with the jnr styling.  The colour is great too 
    tFB Trader
    And something new for @webrthomson - this time with lights on it

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • And something new for @webrthomson - this time with lights on it

Oh my, that is looking very good indeed! Thank you and the team for all the hard work on this one, I know its been a long hard slog to get it looking that good!

Ross
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Pulled up my own collection of Lions for a group shot 

0reaction image LOL 21reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom