Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My Kate Bush tribute band did a promo on the cheap

What's Hot

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356

Thanks for all the positive feedback, it's great to hear the hard work has paid off. The video did really well on Facebook too and we have got interest from 2 respected agencies dealing in established tribute bands in theatre shows and decent venues so it's really paid off. 2019 looks really good for Kate-Bushka 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Baboobska...  that was absolutely top drawer!!!  good luck with Kate Bush-Ka
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    I googled you, and it seems ther a few Bushka’s out there !

but I thought you were very very good
    domyou have a website ?
  • sev112 said:
    I googled you, and it seems ther a few Bushka’s out there !

but I thought you were very very good
    domyou have a website ?
    Easy to find on Facebook. Take the Instagram tag from there to find on Instagram. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10644
    EXCELLENT
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    To call it impressive would be a huge understatement. Well done.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Excellent .. really enjoyed that .. well done!

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Wow wow wow, unbelievable...

Brilliant!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    gringopig said:
    Wow the singer is just superb! Great video promo concept too. That verges on transcending the 'tribute' act. You should do originals. It's really good.
    I was thinking that - there were a couple of times where her own voice came through and it seemed to have a nicer character than the squealing.
  • that's really very good indeed! Well done!  =)
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    edited December 2018
    Clicked on this half expecting a bit of a cringe-fest but wow! Amazing.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 604
    Brilliant!

What about the Hounds of love kind of era? Has KB seen/endorsed this? I don't know what the score is with this kind of tribute thing and performing rights etc. Any plans for tours?

Again, excellent work!
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited December 2018
    Danny, that's excellent.  One thing to consider is a second shorter edit where you don't hang onto Wuthering Heights for as long.  Max 90 sec edit.  Alot won't watch thru the full video I find.  For some promo the motto is... "Best shit in the first 15sec" as a golden rule...i.e. launch into video at around the 45sec mark to really grab attention on FB.  Then the long form can follow on from that in the promo campaign...  But yes really enjoyed that overall.

At least Kate isn't likely to tour again so a KB tribute meets another Golden Rule for tributes...are punters starved of the real thing?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Agree with everything @andyoz said there, a trailer of highlights from that will get more bites. On the name front I would also have accepted Fake Bush, but yours is good too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2018
    Yes, I promo gigs and used to do long promo videos for gigs....UNTIL I started digging down into the FB advert stats. You could see the viewers trailing off after about 15 to 20sec so have to the message across fast.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71953
    andyoz said:

One thing to consider is a second shorter edit where you don't hang onto Wuthering Heights for as long.
    I would have to agree with that. I showed the video to a friend and she lost interest just before the end of the Wuthering Heights bit - she said it was good, but didn’t realise it wasn’t just a cover of WH all the way through.

It probably needs to switch just before the second ‘Heathcliff’ line where you’re expecting it to follow on to the rest of the chorus.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356
    Thanks to all for taking the time to watch, @andyoz  ;yeah on reflection a quicker transition into Kashka would be better for holding attention. Once Wuthering is over I think the transitions times are about right. 

One thing that tickles me is the last song was recorded complete live in Casemates rehearsals (as they all were) with no click or anything, just a live band. Then Katy (yeah she's actually a Katy in real life :) said actually I want the first verse to end and then I want the last chorus cos it's got all the extra bits on it. Fuck I thought, the chances of the drummer playing the last chorus in the song at exactly  same tempo he started the song is pretty unlikely with no click etc but I just cut out the verses and choruses in between and Boom ..... it was fine, great bunch of muso's 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2018
    For a FB ad campaign I would use various short edits with the occasional full monty.  Some of the most effective FB adverts can be 20sec stabs that fade out leaving punters wanting to explore more.

You've got all the raw stuff there so it can be chopped and changed to keep the FB page fresh.

Make sure you dig down into the FB advert stats for any paid campaigns.  They will tell you viewer retention figures and a whole lot more.  You can see who listening with audio on and off.  That's a big eye opening as over 50% may listen with audio off hence why captions are really important.  Although yours is obviously a Kate Bush Tribute don't assume everyone will get it and those two words splashed across the first frame briefly could mean alot.
    Someone else mentioned the Hounds of Love era...if you can get a good rendition of the intro synth pad sound to Running Up That Hill then that will trigger punters nostalgia big time (which is what your promo is all about).  I imagine that isn't easy though. 
  • I'll leave the marketing strategy stuff to the others, but wanted to add a massive "+1" to the existing wows. Absolutely brilliant in a way most tribute bands can't begin to imagine.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom